Shes finally here.... 2012 Explorer... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shes finally here.... 2012 Explorer...

Razziel24

Reaction score
City, State
Guayaquil
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 3.5 V6 Base
I got her last friday, 2012 Black Explorer base model, im vey happy with the purchase, love the design, power its good, handling very good so far, build quality seems to be just fine, id have to say... well done Ford !

Current mods:

Rims: 20 inch
Tires: Continental Cross Contact UHP 255/50 R20
Roof Rack
Mud Flaps
HID conversion 6K

On its way....

Magna Flow Catback :D
Fog lights
Rearview camera

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the new ride!

congratulations and enjoy

Mud flaps and roof rack installed...

d42acf152972340.jpg
c7a0c7152972341.jpg
66ee0e152972343.jpg
a1c6ba152972345.jpg

i just noticed something.........your roof racks are all black! i want mine to be all black!! mine are silver. i wonder if the base models got all black rook racks and the limited got silver racks.....

if so, that's ass backwards...you would think the silver racks would go with the silver front grille....

Yes the base model gets the "all black package" minus the grille

hmmmm never noticed that....i see the door handles and bottom chrome trim are black.....or are you just pulling my leg and you wrapped them in black vinyl...

edit....just did a quick search at some dealer inventory...and sure enough......base model has black door handles, bottom trim, and roof racks.....i wonder how much those pieces would be from the parts dept. i would much rather have flat black handles and bottom trim than chrome.

At first , I wanted to get the chrome door handles and trim, but after I got her, I liked better the all black look, so im happy now.

Hate the chrome anything! :rolleyes: Handles should be body color for my liking.

i agree....i hate chrome door handles. to me, it looks like those cheap aftermarket stick ons.

I actually like those rims, I got the 20 inch rims on my truck because it was on the lot with them, but I would have been perfectly happy with those rims and saving the money , especially when it comes time to buy new rubber.

I'm one who likes to hear the resonance of a nice v6 motor, on my Fusion I just removed one of the resonators because the car was too quiet and it worked great. I've been wondering if it can be done on this truck without having to go aftermarket exhausts which tend to be too lound.

On her first road trip....

fea372153306096.jpg
e867aa153306098.jpg
0683d2153306102.jpg
9418e5153306106.jpg

great looking! I like the black trim on black body combo as well as the upgraded rims/wheels:thumbsup:

Another completely different issue...are there any available running boards for this vehicle? 2012 Explorer XLT. Need them if I can find the.

Very nice! I spent time in Ecuador w/ the Military. I was down there TDY with the US Air Force! I loved those times parting in Manta, Ecuador!

Another completely different issue...are there any available running boards for this vehicle? 2012 Explorer XLT. Need them if I can find the.

Here are some threads about running boards...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327174&highlight=running+boards

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321240&highlight=running+boards

Very nice! I spent time in Ecuador w/ the Military. I was down there TDY with the US Air Force! I loved those times parting in Manta, Ecuador!

Cool, Manta was a safer place when you guys were there.
Thanks for serving the country. :salute:

You know, someone not 'in the know' is going to see that SHO Ecoboost badge and crap a brick... lol!

The Magnaflow looks very nice on there! :thumbsup:

You know, someone not 'in the know' is going to see that SHO Ecoboost badge and crap a brick... lol!

The Magnaflow looks very nice on there! :thumbsup:

LMAO, I figured that :D

And thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hate the chrome anything! Handles should be body color for my liking

Yeah I feel the same way, I have the base model and at first I didn't like the Black handles but they have grown on me but I would have preferred them too have been body colored......Anyway I love the rims on your Explorer that's what I want to get is the factory ones.

Back