shift light fuse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shift light fuse

abraun

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 xlt
I put dvd players in my 2011 explorer. I used my multi meter to find a power source when the car was on, but didn't realize that the lights were on. Unwittingly, connected them to the power for the shifter, and other interior lights(rear heat control etc.) lights. The dvd players and lights worked initially when the lights were on. Then the lights and the dvd players stopped working. If I hook the dvd players up to a different power source they work. When I back feed the lights they also come on. It has to be a fuse or a loose wire right?
I checked every fuse, none look blown. does anyone know which fuse is for the shifter lights?

How did you make the connection with the fuse?...a fuse tap into the fuse box or a fuse with a pig tail?

I put dvd players in my 2011 explorer. I used my multi meter to find a power source when the car was on, but didn't realize that the lights were on. Unwittingly, connected them to the power for the shifter, and other interior lights(rear heat control etc.) lights. The dvd players and lights worked initially when the lights were on. Then the lights and the dvd players stopped working. If I hook the dvd players up to a different power source they work. When I back feed the lights they also come on. It has to be a fuse or a loose wire right?
I checked every fuse, none look blown. does anyone know which fuse is for the shifter lights?
I assume you mean the shifter indicator lights on the console and not the dash. Is that right?
The fuses and what they control are listed in the Owner's Guide on page 322 (4th printing).

Peter

Thanks for responding. yes, the shifter light on the console. I tapped into the wire by the rear heater controls. I looked in the owners guide. I don't know what printing I have. I'll have to look when I get home.

Back