• Register Today It's free!

Shifter vibrates...

savage120

Reaction score
City, State
Hamburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
When Im driving down the highway in 5th gear around 2500 rpms my shifter shake pretty good? Anyone would know what this is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which highway are you talking about?

BlackMounty said:
Which highway are you talking about?

Oh just any highway or road, but to answer your qy=uestion RT61

Mine always shook.

mine shakes pretty good too

mine shakes no more than 1/4" unless theres a bump. i drive about 80 miles a day. i hope this is normal!!!

ok well from the sounds of it I gues its normal, I was just worried something was loose or something inm the tranny was f'ed up

Truck's fine..my buddy's ranger does the same thing..

Also you live rather close to me..so hey.. lol

Thanks, I just wasn't sure what to think, But now I know.

My shifter did that before the rebuild....and it still does it AFTER the rebuild...so I would say it is normal!

Ryan

Mine does the same, and its only a couple months old. I think its because the shifter is bolted directly to the transmission, so there is no buffer effect with linkage. I am hoping to put in a short throw pretty soon, maybe it will knock some of the vibration down.

Darrman said:
I think its because the shifter is bolted directly to the transmission, so there is no buffer effect with linkage.
Yeah right there is there main reason. I wish it would not be like that!

I drove my buddies jeep around, and man smooth shifting, loved everyminute. Got back in my exporer and it felt wierd.

Back