Shifting issues on '06 Mountaineer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shifting issues on '06 Mountaineer

I see it's been a while since the last post. My 2006 Explorer limited has been exhibiting similar problems for the past few months (quite consistently). Just brought it in to the dealership today where they advised me they followed a TSB (didn't provide additional detail). Seemed fine for an hour or so as I was out x-mas shopping with my wife and 1 year old son but when I came to a stop sign in a mall I had the worst episode yet! The truck lunged forward what seemed to be 10 feet ... I immediately slammed the brakes but that didn't seem to help all that much (I guess the brakes were fighting the accelleration). Do any of you know what actually fixes this problem? This is very unsafe and my wife and I are both very concerned that we are headed for an accident and there is nothing we can do.

After multiple visits to the dealership, they refuse to fix the problem and continue to say that there is NO problem.

Latest TSB worked for about 50 miles

Well guys, I had TSB 07-23-02 done on Friday and it worked great till Saturday night. We did all city driving and most was in the mall parking lot. I really thought it was fixed this time, you could feel how much different the shifting was when I drove it home. It was shifting the way it should. I took my lawyer in to this meeting when i dropped to car off, and the dealership knew I meant business. We got an Expedition as a loaner and damn it drove nice. Maybe if they buy my car back, I should look at them, have not heard all the horror stories about them. Well I just wanted to let everyone know, the latest TSB is much like the last ones, seems to fix it for few miles, and now its back to its old hopping and no stopping self again. I can't wait to go back to the dealership first thing monday morning.

New TSB

There is a new TSB for the shifting problem for the 6 spd trans. I had it done last week and so far is seems to be working just fine. It is TSB 08-4-16. No more hard bumping from 2-1 and 1-2 seems to be smoother.

Back