Shifting problems - Mazda 5 speed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shifting problems - Mazda 5 speed

okay.....I gave up and took it to a shop to have them pressure bleed the clutch.......please dont be the tranny...please dont be the tranny....please dont be the tranny....please dont be the trannny........pray with me my brother....please dont be the tranny....please dont be the tranny...please dont be the tranny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey if it does turn out to be time for a new tranny, be careful who you take it to. You also have some other options. With 35" tires you might consider a WC T-5 conversion for about the same $$$ as a rebuilt Mazda.

If you get it rebuilt have them rebuild yours, no swapping them out for another one. You never know what year it came out of and before 1993 they were weak. Also run synthetic 30W motor oil in the tranny, no ATF. Look to spend somewhere between $900-$1400 for a rebuild, make sure uou get a 24 month warranty, they are out there. Find somebody who knows how to build these things, you might also consider ordering one from Pheonix Hard parts, I hear good things about them and their rebuilds can be found on Ebay for around $900, if I remember right....

Let us know how it turns out.....

hey and even after it's bled if it still does it it may simply be a matter of getting the clutch to open all the way, which means you might try some shims behind the slave cylinder, bad news is you have to drop the tranny to get to it...

Alright...she runs under her own power now...not 100% but close enough.....thanx for everyones help

OK so the power bleeding was the solution?

oka....so I am kinda not the smartest guy in the world
When I bought the new pressure plate it had an anti-rust coating on it that I didn't clean off....apparently the clutch was sticking to the pressure plate and was not completely releasing....it just needed to be driven off.....still no idea what origionally caused the problem though....now on to the front axle

:hammer:

Cody

That sounds like a load of BS to me!!!! Who cares though as long as it works!

I have never heard of this before.....

I have been known to have those problems no one hears about....like when the Ford dealership paid for a rental car for me for two weeks while they located some parts for me ....on my '98 vehicle...ever heard of that before

Change comes through challenge

Back