• Register Today It's free!

Shipping Cost for Cowl Grille?

whadeduck

Reaction score
City, State
Estero, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I have a 2016 Explorer XLT and due to the Florida sun, the "cowl grille" has dried out and started to fall apart. Not the plastic, but the small piece of weatherstripping where it meets the windshield. It's part #BB5Z78022A68AA and I've spent some time looking for a replacement only to find that the shipping is about twice that of the part itself. The part seems to be about $140 to $170, but the shipping is over $300 just about everywhere I look. Is there any way to get that shipping cost down or some way of fixing the weatherstripping part? Would my local dealer still charge the enormous amount for shipping if I ordered it through them and picked it up? That's just unreal to me to pay that much just for shipping. Oy! I searched for an answer to this and only seemed to find that the cost to ship one of these is astronomical. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see one on ebay for $189 with free shipping.

On the other hand those shipping prices elsewhere are so absurd that I'd try calling White Bear Lake Ford to see if it's just a glitch in their system and they can work with you on it, or of course, get it from a local dealer as peterk9 suggested.

I'm not sure about what the material compatibility is, but if mine were already falling apart from sun, I'd think about dressing the replacement with silicone every once in a while, including silicone grease on the back side (at the rubbery lip) before installed. You wrote "small piece of weatherstripping" which I am assuming is like on my '14 where it's molded rubber on the plastic, a seamless one-piece setup?

Not having any luck. The local Ford dealers want $206 for the part and $236 for shipping. I can't be the only person to have to replace this thing.

I'd check local junkyards, some have a vehicle database so you don't have to go there to know if there are potential candidates on the lot.

OR, maybe this shipping rate is in error but I see a seller at $186 plus $23 shipping:

I just bought a 2012 Exploder....Pretty sure I need to replace this part also so I stopped in at Safelite today.

They quoted me about $318 for the part PLUS installation at approx. $318 plus tax.

Might give Safelite a call....

I'd check local junkyards, some have a vehicle database so you don't have to go there to know if there are potential candidates on the lot.

OR, maybe this shipping rate is in error but I see a seller at $186 plus $23 shipping:

The price at this link went up since I last posted, is now $222 + $26 shipping.

^ They want $260 to ship here. Seems like all suppliers tied into the same database, are going to have this listed as a freight item so crazy high shipping.

Google found some others with sub-$100 shipping:

This is currently the lowest delivered price I'm seeing, $210 +$25 S/H:

Back