Shock help

Willard

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
Ok, so I was planning on getting new shocks soon, but before I buy I have a couple questions. First of all, the ones I was planning on getting were the KYB GR-2 shocks. Any opinions? Second, I recently noticed my rear was sagging and don't want to replace the springs, but is there any shocks, like towing shocks, that would raise it back to normal height? Is it possible the shocks I am already getting would help out there? I would either do that or an add-a-leaf to take out the spring sag. I don't want to replace the springs, too much $$.
Thanks,

For about $60 you could get a set of air shocks for the rear, and that would definitely raise it back to stock height. Then if you are loaded or towing, you could put a little more air in to correct for the load. For the front, I have heard that the Rancho 5000 and 9000 series shocks are the best, but I'm just running monroe sensa-tracks all the way around mine right now. They seem to be a pretty good shock for the money. (About $45 per shock)

For about $60 you could get a set of air shocks for the rear, and that would definitely raise it back to stock height. Then if you are loaded or towing, you could put a little more air in to correct for the load. For the front, I have heard that the Rancho 5000 and 9000 series shocks are the best, but I'm just running monroe sensa-tracks all the way around mine right now. They seem to be a pretty good shock for the money. (About $45 per shock)

Just got done installing my sensatracs. Looking forward to see how they feel. Shocks were originals W/ 106700 miles. They were dead!!

Back