• Register Today It's free!

shocking

Dale B

Reaction score
City, State
Parkersburg,WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
I'm going over my 99 sport and fixing up a few things. Never did like the ride in any 2 door I have been in. I have been running edlebrock shocks from explorer plus for a few years. Does anyone have a better solution for shock brand that gives the 2 door a better ride?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shocks are just one part. If you want a smoother ride you need a softer suspension. Put four door leaf springs on the rear. Put less stiff torsion bars up front. Remove the sway bar on the front to free the IFS, but that is not recommend if you drive fast or crazy like me.

monroe sensatrac, kyb adjustable and tokico shocks seem to ease out the sport to a more comfortable ride. I had KYB adjustables and they were great. The monroe sensatrac was just as good and the tokico is what i have now. They are cheaper than the KYB and Monroe but seem to do the trick.

comfortable ride? in an explorer? you do know these are trucks right?

4 link and airbags, only thing that comes to mind

Mine rides like a rock! Keeps me awake on the long night drives!

Tires also affect ride.

Switching from Goodyear Wrangler RT/S to Michelin LTX M/S improved my ride ALOT.

rt/s are crap. I had a great ride with the michelin's but they had bad traction in the rain. I recently went with dueler revo a/ts from bridgestone/firestone. They are good but a good adjustable shock will calm the explorer over bumps.

Back