• Register Today It's free!

Shocks equal to the Raptor??

race4food

Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
I'm looking for shocks for my 07 explorer that are equal to the ones on the Raptor.
I checked fox racing and they do not make them for the X and it seems no one does except for Bilstein, in fact parts for the Explorer are a pain to find.

Unfortunately, I think I'd be right in saying - "No way without serious mods."
For one, if you want to best the raptor, you need coilovers with about 12+" of travel front and rear. You'd also need 2.5 or 3.0 body shocks.

It would have to be a custom job with some sort of IFS buggy suspension, but it would be IFS and IRS (which some buggies do). It would easily cost $15k just in parts.

Sorry for being so blunt and negative towards the idea, but that's just the way it is.

Dave Turner in SoCal runs a highly modified 07 Sport Trac (same stock suspension approx. as your 4th Gen), but it has a custom cage frame to which the 3.0 coilovers are mounted. You could email then or call them up if you're really serious about the idea.

If you simply want a cheaper alternative vehicle to challenge the Raptor, 4x4 Pre-03 Ranger, any year Tacoma or 3rd Gen 4Runner would all be good platforms that come to my mind.

Good luck with your ambitions.

Back