• Register Today It's free!

Shocks for the 2"

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
With the Skyjacker 2" what size shocks should I get. I need to get new ones but I'm not sure if they make shocks that are 2" longer than stock. I have seen some that are an inch longer but that would limit travel a little. Any help would be good. If anyone has longer ones go ahead and say what brand I dont know where to start searching.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just thought of this. I have heard that they make some shocks that are good for a certain amount of lift. Like 0"-4". If i were to buy shocks for a four inch lift and put them on that might work. Eventually i want to add shackles and spacers for another inch or so. Anyone ever tried putting larger shocks then they needed . Anyone heard of this.
thanks

2" longer shocks

I used new F-150 shocks, after matching several shocks to my originals. I can't remember the part #'s, but they were listed for a '87&up F-150 4x4.
These worked well w/explorer and my lifted BroncoII.
I did have to remove the steel sleeve from the rubber
eye hole, as the originals didn't have this sleeve.

I work in an auto parts store where we carry skyjacker and they make a 2" shock to go along with the 2" coils (part # 132x) and rear add-a-leaf (part # r225). the front nitro shocks are part # n8052 and the rear nitro shocks are n8039. i hope this helps you out a little.

Thanks for the reply. That does help a lot. Ive decided to just do the 2" skyjacker and the 3" BL. So the 2" longer shocks will work just fine.

Back