Shocks with SOA

Limited Ex

Elite Lurker
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
Just did an SOA with the Superlift relocation brackets, and I have a Skyjacker 6" lift getting ready to be put in. With the relocation brackets, they picked the shocks up pretty far, and the shocks are what came with my 4" lift. Now I have not compared the shocks that came with the 6" lift and the 4" lift shocks, but I would assume that the ones from Skyjacker would be a little longer. My question is, do you think it would be okay to put the Skyjacker shocks in the rear with the relocation brackets even though the brackets picked the shocks up? My only concern is that with the mounts being so high, that with longer shocks it may hinder upward travel. But there again, I am not even sure if the 4" shocks are any shorter than the 6" shocks. Any responses would be great :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to use stock length shocks with the Superlift relocation brackets. The 4 inch lift shocks will bottom out.

When you mean bottom out, do you mean that they will limit downward travel? Or upward travel?

Your shocks will be fully compresed at your normal riding height and will not compress any more when you hit a bump. The shock will eventually bend and fail.

Are you talking about using the superlift relocation brackets and the 6" Skyjacker shocks?

That's my set up and all's well.

Thats was I was thinking of doing, but was not sure if the shocks would still provide enough travel with the brackets...

Here is a pic of underneath my ex. Ignore the exhaust. This was a pic I got before I bought it.

attachment.php

Have you had any instances with the shocks getting fully compressed? That is my main concern, I want to be sure there will be enough room for flex...

Hey, thats the pic I took. Isn't it so perfessional!!!

My shocks flex fine. Look at my gallery!!

Originally posted by Blaine122300
Hey, thats the pic I took. Isn't it so perfessional!!!

My shocks flex fine. Look at my gallery!!

Yes it is a professional photo, are you a wedding photographer? hehehehe

Hey I'll have to hook up with you when I go to Fairbanks in the next few weeks.

I'll also have to take some pics of the truck after I finish fixing it up. I've got a skyjacker dual steering stabilizer coming this week. Putting new brakes and wheel cylinders on it today to go with the new master cylinder, and I will probably run some new brake lines since I just cut out the RABS Valve unit. I am also working with a guy to see if we can pull out the dent in the side and design a pre-runner style front skid plate. I'm also working on a design for a custom snorkel kit. I've been designing on the computer and then when it's all done I'll post the design and send the file off for the custom fabrication. I'm sooooo outta control.

Andy did you see this thread? Dead Link Removed Check it out my landlady's brother did a SAS on a 93 Sport

Back