Shocks. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shocks.

dderocher

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer ST
Going to pick up 02 ST today. Rough ride on test drive, but noticed rear shock leak and sway bar ends loose/worn. Going to put all new shocks and replace sb ends. Just looked for info to decide diy or not. going to give it a shot.
I am planning on putting Monroe SensaT on with rebate going on now. Will cost about $100 total. Does anyone advise against. I see some recommend Billstein but 3X$$$ is it worth it in the end?

Going to pick up 02 ST today. Rough ride on test drive, but noticed rear shock leak and sway bar ends loose/worn. Going to put all new shocks and replace sb ends. Just looked for info to decide diy or not. going to give it a shot.
I am planning on putting Monroe SensaT on with rebate going on now. Will cost about $100 total. Does anyone advise against. I see some recommend Billstein but 3X$$$ is it worth it in the end?

The Monroe's will be softer and closer to the factory ride. The Bilstein's will be stiffer, but are better performing, durable and long lasting.

However, I've had the Monroe Reflex on several rides (basically Sensatracs with newer technology) and didn't have any issues with them. It was just a daily driving vehicle (no offroad or towing).

Back