Rich-

Reaction score
City, State
Sioux Falls SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB
my 99 eddie Bauer is at 150k and looks to have stock shocks on it still
im looking at replacement some time in the near future
i am not really a truck/suv kinda guy, and i am not used to the handling of this massive rig
here are a few pics of my previous cars, currently i still own both GTI's
b73d0580.jpg

014-2.jpg

fiero001.jpg

fiero007.jpg
041.jpg

all of my cars have had upgraded suspension and handle like a dream and go where ever i put them with no issues
what recommendations can i get for shocks that will help me handle great and provide a nice ride
(noticeably improved) over stock, even though i know that nearly anything will be better than 150k OEM ford shocks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search - shocks is a hot topic which comes up maybe every month or every other month.

I went with Monroe Reflex for the front, and Sensa-Trac load leveling shocks for the rear. I've had Sensa-Tracs on other Explorers, but from what I've read, the Reflex is a bit firmer, and that's what I'm after.

Every one has different wants and needs...

I installed a set of KYB GR-2's on my Sport and like them so far...They could be a bit firmer but then I am accustomed to my Charger and its suspension...

For a truck, it handles better than any truck I have owned; including my lowered F-150 fullsize...I drove a newer Sport with stock replacements and damn near flipped it driving on a highway in Houston I am familiar with...It wouldn't hold the same line through a curve unless I dropped 20 mph...

But that is just me and my driving style...:D

i have done a bit of searching and i have found alot of guys talk about both the reflex, and the GR2, i have had KYB's on 3 vehicles over the years and thought they rode like ass on all of them, 2 of them were on fieros, and the other was on a grand prix GTP
i dont know that i would be willing to invest $$ in KYB again

so that leaves me with Reflex, is there a better option for a great daily driver on South Dakota roads?

I have Edelbrocks on my wifes lifted Explorer, and I have Bilsteins on my Lowered Explorer...

I would buy both again, no question about it...

Ryan

thanks, know who has the best prices?

Back