Shopping for a new one

Blindman

Reaction score
City, State
Metro DC Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mariner Premier
Hello,

Looking to replace my 2008 Mariner Premier with a 2016 or 17. I've been researching both years and finding some confusion as 2016 Explorer pricing websites don't reference the 400A package, but merely reference the 401A package. Was it changed midyear?

Also, are there standard running board or Regular 1 panel Sunroofs or just the panoramic?

Thanks,

Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Hi Rob. Since you are referencing the 400 packages I'm guessing you are looking at a Sport. The website I checked out does indeed show the 400 package as standard with this vehicle. http://shop.ford.com/build/explorer/2016/#/config/Config[|Ford|Explorer|2016|1|1.|.K8G.....LF.SP.]
Running boards are only offered as a "Late Availability" for the 2017 Explorers. The Moonroofs are a 2 panel setup with only the front one opening/tilting. They are referred to as "Dual Panel".

Peter

Also I'll save you some time. Don't bother with the 2016 -- they don't have Sync 3. Sync 3 is fast and responsive, pinch zoom, etc. You'll want that. Plus any money you would save by getting the 16 will be lost in depreciation.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Hi Rob. Since you are referencing the 400 packages I'm guessing you are looking at a Sport. The website I checked out does indeed show the 400 package as standard with this vehicle. http://shop.ford.com/build/explorer/2016/#/config/Config[|Ford|Explorer|2016|1|1.|.K8G.....LF.SP.]
Running boards are only offered as a "Late Availability" for the 2017 Explorers. The Moonroofs are a 2 panel setup with only the front one opening/tilting. They are referred to as "Dual Panel".

Peter
Thank you for the info PeterK much appreciated

Also I'll save you some time. Don't bother with the 2016 -- they don't have Sync 3. Sync 3 is fast and responsive, pinch zoom, etc. You'll want that. Plus any money you would save by getting the 16 will be lost in depreciation.
Hmmmm yeah good point about the depreciation, tho I do keep vehicles for long periods of time, how often do you trade or buy new?

Ironically, this is the first new car I ever bought. On average, I've owned my cars for 5+ years, but normally buy them used 2 years. I made an exception this time because cars are starting to come out with decent safety technology. I bought mine almost 4 weeks ago and loving it!

If you are an active Costco member (in Canada), you'll save $1000. But right now till the end of September is the Ford Employee discounts, and the prices are fairly amazing for what you get. No car is perfect, but overall very happy with mine. I plan to keep this one for awhile and got a 10 year extended warranty for mine, because Ford.

Thanks for the tips, and upon further research, wanting non dark leather I'm checking out the XLT.
Here's what I've come up with:

3.5 Ti VCT
202A PKG
CLASS 3 TOW PKG
Moonroof
XLT Technology Pkg
Camel leather
Smoked Quartz Met paint
No 2nd row buckets

Wanting the running boards tho, any number on them? Hope they are the standard fixed ones, non- electric

Anyone chime in with their thoughts, Thanks!

Not sure when the OEM running boards will be available. Perhaps the dealer may be able to find that out. "Late Availability" isn't really too definitive.:) I have not seen where the were referred to as electric.

Back