Shortcut on blower harness and headlights flicker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shortcut on blower harness and headlights flicker

gabserna

Reaction score
City, State
Cancun
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1994 eddie bauer
Hey friends, thanxs for all the post, I did used many of them to fix some problems with my 4x4 1994 eddie bauer explorer.

I really need help whith this................

I recently have the same annoying problem of RETRORY, on my radio, interiors lights and the power locks, etc... the flicker headlights, but.... all this since I use a jumper on the HVAC blower control harness, due to a blower issue on the A/C, (I have to mention, in that moment the 4 windows elevators were broken, You can imagine the hot flashes that makes summer here in cancun, that forced me to fix urgently 3 of them changing the bushings and other wiring stuff).

So I did jump the harness.... trying to make the blower on, I know, I did fail, and inmediately have almost a short (or actually I have it), makes since that moment all lighting and power become to zero. None on the dashboard, directional lights, headlights, horn, power windows.

Hope this will help to find whats wrong there.

NEXIS: yes, is steady fashion the flicker, if I push constantly the power locks buttom, the headlights remains on. I noticed on night time, lol.

I suspect that a wire is melted, but I have no idea what or where to find it on

any idea ???????

Thanks again for all comments
Best regards from cancun mx

Back