• Register Today It's free!

Shorter torsion bolts

ibuytoys

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 Sport, '08, '96
After lowering my X, the torsion bolts protrude below the bottom of the bracket. I 'm looking for shorter torsion bolts to keep the ride height the same and put the head of the bolt back into the recess of the bracket.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a good idea. Some of the off-roaders put longer ones in to get more lift, so shorter ones should make it so you can have the same height and run the bolts all the way up. You could measure how much of the bolt hangs down below the adjuster, then subtract that from the total length of the bolt, and that should equal the length you need.

I see what you mean about sticking way too low. That could be a problem.

I guess cutting them to size and grinding the edge would work. Otherwise just bring it to your local hardware store and get the length you want with the same grade bolt and thread size.

I bought a pair of grade 8 bolts about 1.5" long. They have an Allen head, and I only neede one. My adjustment on the left side was close to original, while the right side needed the lever turned flipped, and very little bolt pressure.LOL
DonW

Anybody have the specs on the bolt, standard or metric, size, thread pitch? Thanks!

Anybody figure out what thread size the torsion bolts are... I need a shorter one for my drivers side. Any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Back