Should I? 74 Bronco for 3,000?

Bored_2wd

Reaction score
City, State
Westmont, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger
Should I? 74 Bronco for 3,000?

Supposedly new engine/trans, very strong runner. Is a plow truck, some rust, comes with Meyers plow. Chevy disks up front. Hardtop in questionable shape, brand new soft top. Overall good condition, supposedly. Please help, either talk me out of it or talk me into it. I’ve always wanted a bronco, and here is one not too far away from me.
--Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know they have strong frames but plowing is EXTREMELY hard on frames and just about everything else. I'd have the frame checked first. Then make an offer.

what are you going to use it for?

If it doesn't have to be a daily driver, why would you care about the hardtop?

If you want it for a trail rig only, I would say go for it.

I would like to get one, but the cheapest I have seen here is $5k ($8k for one in good shape) and that seems like a lot to spend on a (almost) 30 yr old vehicle.

buy it, and buy it now! take it from an early bronc owner, that is a deal. front discs jack the price up ALOT. kit is $800, and it adds about $2k to resale... the frame will be cracked around the steering box. no big deal. can be fixed very easy. screw the hardtop, take it to scrap iron yard and get what you can for it. E.B.'s were not known for their "air tightness". a soft top is just as good as a hard top in winter... anything that is rusted can be cut off. look at it this way, you could by it for $3000, spend another $2000 fixing it up, and sell it later on for $8000. only vehicle on earth that you can get more than your money back on. you can get replacement patch panels for every square inch of an E.B., so rust really isnt a big deal. for parts/etc., check out these...
www.jamesduff.com
www.wildhorses4x4.com
www.broncograveyard.com

good luck.

Definitely get it if you only have a 2wheel drive truck now. You would have so much off road fun with an early Bronco 4X4

i say go for it!

and if you decide not to....you should pass the info this way!
Older Bronco = power and plenty of room for upgrades. and a good price. definitetly consider it.....

Back