• Register Today It's free!

Should I level my x?

RichCresci

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS, 06 Mounty
So I want to set my truck aside from every other 45 year old woman's explorer. I'd like to lift it but I'm worried about the extra strain on all the different parts and gas mileage. I was thinking about just leveling it. Would I be able to notice the extra inch and a half up front? I just bought new $750 tires so I don't really feel like goin out and buying bigger tires. Any ideas guys?

here's what i'm driving btw...
119_4134.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Painting your grey plastics will make a HUGE difference in the look of your vehicle.

1" spacer in the rear and 2" in the front would give it a nice look... and would still make your tires look good. If you lift it any more then that... you would need to increase the size of your tires.

That's exactly what i was thinking. Where do I go about getting these spacers and will they affect my mileage? Also, I've heard spacers+independent suspension=problems. Should I worry?

That's exactly what i was thinking. Where do I go about getting these spacers and will they affect my mileage? Also, I've heard spacers+independent suspension=problems. Should I worry?

I wouldn't worry one bit, however with any modification your bound to have premature wear somewhere. I with many run spacers with zero complaints or problems. Gas mileage will stay the same, unless you upgrade tire size.

painting your trim will make your X look better... i finally went out and bought sand paper, primer, paint ,and clear coat for my trim + high heat paint for my rims earlier today... what size tires do you have on there ??? they look a bit bigger than 235's atleast to me anyway

yup yup i agree altho aren't the 1 inch spacers really hard to get on cuz how tight it is to get the rear bolt tight. i say 1.75 front and 2.25 rear

painting your trim will make your X look better... i finally went out and bought sand paper, primer, paint ,and clear coat for my trim + high heat paint for my rims earlier today... what size tires do you have on there ??? they look a bit bigger than 235's atleast to me anyway

pics?

255/70 16's Michelin LTX MS, Amazing tires in my opinion

thanks for the info guys. i guess its all on me now:rolleyes:

I'd like the maybe raise the front 2 inches. Has anyone done 2 in the front and 2.5 in the back with out bigger tires? I'd really like to keep the 255's looking appropriate.

So my mind has been made up. I'm gonna lift the X. I just wanted to double check on some prices with you guys.

$300 for road bully spacers
$200 for the body lift
$150 for the exhaust re route
$60 for alignment
$x.. for tires.

can anyone else figure in some costs i may encounter? Thanks

So my mind has been made up. I'm gonna lift the X. I just wanted to double check on some prices with you guys.

$300 for road bully spacers
$200 for the body lift
$150 for the exhaust re route
$60 for alignment
$x.. for tires.

can anyone else figure in some costs i may encounter? Thanks

IMO you cant do Roadbully spacers AND a bodylift and keep those size tires... it imply won't look that good. I would go with just the spacers if you insist on keeping those tires.

Unless you decide to go all out as you suggest in this post... if you can do all the installs yourself you are laughing. If you need to pay a shop add about $1000 to your total.

here is what it looks like with a lift and 245 70 17's

100_1723.jpg

here is what it looks like with a lift and 245 70 17's

100_1723.jpg

What size spacers are those? I think that looks really nice. I'll just wait another 40,000 miles for the body lift lmao hahah. And yes I can do all the work myself. But thanks for the input guys.

I just cant constitute spending $1000 on tires that will replace brand new tires i just got for $700. Also my income doesn't quite support my wants

IMO i think if you want to keep the tires you just bought...

i think 1.5'' front and rear would look good... im not sure how 2'' would look
:( i only say that because of how HORS X looked like when he had 245's with 2'' of lift...

Yeah I know. The front is 3/4ths lower than the back so I'm thinking maybe 1 in the back an 1.75 in the front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I know. The front is 3/4ths lower than the back so I'm thinking maybe 1 in the back an 1.75 in the front.

sorry to burst your bubble but..... you cant have less than 1.5 spacer. Honestly since you dont have the cash for tires since there brand new. I wouldnt lift it till you need tires or have the money for them. Or you could get 1.75 front and 1.5 rear.....

And a 1.5 spacer is the smallest you can go but remember the non threaded part of the strut tower bolt needs to be cut off for clearence purposes.

Back