Completed Project - Should I start a new Build?? 97 Explorer, SAS, Atlas? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Completed Project Should I start a new Build?? 97 Explorer, SAS, Atlas?

Use this prefix for completed projects that are not "How to" articles or threads asking for help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer does start now, and runs, idles about 1200 rpm, but muffler is not on and not all sensors hooked up, engine sounds good, no bad noises, put t-case in yesterday, main things before can take for test drive is brakes and driveshafts, goal is running and driving, licensed by end of day August 19th. then have to get trailer and truck ready for my trip also get explorer setup with trail supplies.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Good to hear you got the motor running. So when I send mine off to super six motorsports you can help pull and install my engine for me???????????????????????

Yea -Chad its pretty simple actually, mine little more diff cause using parts from several diff trucks, but yours should be pretty easy.

Im glad it runs also, im getting tired of wrenching so much on stuff, so will be happy when its almost done.

Building rear driveshaft tonight and doing other odd and ends. My computer at home that we put pictures on is broken so will post more pics when get that figured out.

000_0013.jpg

What springs are those? You've really been cranking out projects lately haven't you.

duff 5.5 coils, stock rear springs with warrior shackles, have better photos also still.

So it's out of the garage, was able to drive across town, and is holding up to the backhoe lift test. Your so close to finishing! OH, I love the color too! :)

Need to find the diagram on here for the bumper brackets. Gotta get them up where they need to be.

Needs dull shocks all the way around,, working on that, does lean alittle to left side, wasnt running right, but got that fixed now, coil pack was bad, and IAT sensor wasnt hooked up, I am very pleased with results, have drove it all around town today, should have everything tied up by sunday.
Yes Bumpers will be raised, just threw them on for going thru town and left them low for getting it inspected.

Seeing the 9 inch out back I take it you have completely removed all the abs stuff.

Looks good, can't wait to see it in CO.

Yep, ABS has been deleted, dash light for it still needs removed but, that can be done another day. I did use a disk/to disk proportioning valve i had from duff in the brake system.

Well, today I drove the Ex to work which 1way is 50miles and made it here, so thats a good thing!

wont be time for sliders or rear bumper, but it will make trip so thats main thing.

Back