• Register Today It's free!

Should I Trade?

Gatorblazer

Reaction score
City, State
Moody, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer, 09 Mazda 5
A man offered me his 93 f150, 8ft bed, inline 6 with 97,000 miles on it. He wants me to trade my Explorer for it.

Details: 240K on original engine and trans, no leaks.
IMG00013.jpg

Does it sound like a good deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure his truck only has 97k on it? It's not a Katrina victim is it:eek:

No, its really got 97K on it. The Herculiner on my truck is a magnet for attention, and I think it stirs childlike emotions in grown men. I cant tell you the amount of times that i hear "man, I wish I could do that".

that inline 6 is a slug you might be dissapointed with the power

Should you trade, - depends, do you WANT a truck?

The inline six may not have pep, but it's the best engine Ford ever made, and will outlast the truck and the Explorer! Proper gearing will help it alot.

Also, this is in the poll forum, where's the poll???

For whatever reason, could not get the poll to link.

I drove the thing this weekend, has a nice clunk in the tranny when towing. Mine does not, so I no trading will happen.

The inline 6 is the best engine ever. who gives a crap about speed when you can tow a freaking house?

id keep the Exploder man.
2nd gens are the S@&t!
i didn't like my '99 at first cus i was used to going fast, real fast ( ~450 hp '87 firebird, then '88 spd 4cyl fiero) but ever since i discovered the joys of off-roading and to some extent autocross, i would'nt trade it for anything.

well except to get my 87 'bird back (killed by an '04 X. go figure)

Back