shoulda listened to everybody | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

shoulda listened to everybody

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
Enjoy that house now. She's gonna get it when she takes your ass to court for child support.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
mechanic021 said:
only my name is on the house so im in luck there.
I think the word will be "was"

ryf

Reaction score
City, State
Portsmouth, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT 4x4
well first she has to have the kid, he can know long before then with a paternity test whether he should transfer the house to his mom or dad for a dollar.... might think about that ex, too.

good luck, I've been down the psycho route, about 10x, (no body pushed me outta the plane) for about 3-4 years.. it messed me up for a long time. I snapped put my hand through my car window(not good, but better than her head), left her (very good) and took a long time un-snap/heal. I dated a few in there but it wasnt really enjoyable. met my current wife who accepted me about 3/4's of the way out (I warned her, she listened) we've walked hand in hand, all the way through the last parts.

the problem isn't getting over the person... thats easy... its getting over the carnage and the presumptions and letting yourself fully trust someone that takes the longest. You'll be fine, hearts break and heal, get out as early as you can to avoid long term issues with relationships. get a paternity test, people lie, psycho people cheat, to them its another attack mechanism. the more she doesn't want one, the more it has to happen. DO NOT SIGN THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE if you don't know if its yours. this in many states will make you have to pay Child Support until a qualified patternity test is given, if one is not available, back to, get a paternity test, pre-birth.

mechanic021

Reaction score
she in no way can get my house from me but you are right about the praternity test. Me and her both have decided to go our sepreate ways we are better off and I dont need her kind of crap in my life. so I say good riddence to her.

mechanic021

Reaction score
oh i should have mentioned to everybody me and this girl werent married or anything we were just dating thats why everything bill and house wise was in my name cause its only my house. she just stayed with me.

Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
mechanic021 said:
oh i should have mentioned to everybody me and this girl werent married or anything we were just dating thats why everything bill and house wise was in my name cause its only my house. she just stayed with me.

By Missouri law, if you are not married, and you took title in your name only, then there is no way she can get your house. I'm sure Indiana is probably the same. I can't think of any state that gives dower (marital) rights to someone who's not married to you!!

And let me tell you, I have been thru the psycho girl thing, too. One thing about women is, they get over that stuff faster and easier than we do, for a lot of reasons I'll not go into here. It's EASY for someone outside the relationship to say, "kick her to the curb", but as you well know it's a hell of a lot harder to do that when you fell for the girl, even if she was a psycho bi-pole.

But you live and learn, I can tell you that you are much better off without a bipole. So much better off that you don't EVEN KNOW IT yet...

Diddy74

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Keep ya head up. Took me over a year and then some to get over my Bi-polar, psycho, semi-stalker of a ex-girlfriend! I think they call it "toxic relationships" Look into it and i'm sure you'll see signs and similar behavior that you experienced with her. One I can recall is the "I'm leaving you threat" classic manipulation tool. As far as the child support issue...dont feel overwhelmed or like its a dire situation. Just make sure when it goes down you do appear! Have as much financial information they request. W2 and paystubs usually satisfy that, if you need more time and it doesnt appear your being intentionally uncooperative a judge usually will give you more time. Look into single father advocacy groups in your area they can help you find legal counsel if you think you'll need it.

S

silverbullet5

mechanic021 said:
yeah the relation ship i had before her lasted almost 3 years and it was way worse than this one so i know the warning signs now and wont let my guard down. I have been through alot worse so I will make it this time slowly but surely.

Well, guess what....he's going back to the one that he was with for almost 3 years and NOTE: it was way worse than this one. Come on guys, give him some encouragement to do the right thing and stay away from both of them!

BeauJ

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
mechanic021 said:
please leave me alone if your gonna be this way in my post silverbullet

Huh??

Also, Jamest put it best. Couldn't have explained it any better myself