Show 'em off

karl_burns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC - Go Deacs!
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV 5speed
Well, I'm trying to decide exactly how I want to re-do my front speakers. I really want to make a fiberglass pod that extends all the way through the door panel, so my speakers don't have to hide behind some cheap plastic grill that kills their killer sound. Probably put some vented plexi over them to protect from rogue objects. First though, I really want to see what y'all have done to your X's, especially in the front. Put a bio of your system in here to.
Once I finish, I'll throw mine up there (probably about two-three weeks)
Later,
Karl

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya know, if you get kick panels, you hafta modify the emergency brake pedal.. at least for prefabs.. you may be able to get away with it with some customs. I personally don't like kick panel speaks, simply because I'd kick them heh

system: eclipse 5441i, 2 audiomobile evo 12s, autotek sx2300 amp, lightning audio cap

19861_77_full.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Kenwood "Masking face" KDC-7007 deck, Kenwood 7 band EQ, Eclipse 8052 5in component set in the front, Alpine 5x7's in rear, Sony amp for the speakers, Rockford 800a2 for subs, 3 12" Rockford HX2's

Thats how I have it now but I am going to get a 600a4 and get a punch link to combine that with my 800a2 and mount it in front of the subs, possibly with plexiglass over it or with fiberglass under it. I am also going to mount two farad caps on each wheel well with a power and ground distribution block in front of them.

try.jpg

Both the amps are now gone and the new amp is located between the rear seat and the box, the new amp is an earthquake D2, with an 1 FH stinger cap ....

now i still have to get some time off from work so i can actually finish the project...heh

man terrabomb, your box is nice. I wanna do somethin like that just with 15's on the outside and a single 18 in the center. I want the amps and the 15 to be sony Explod and probably a RF 18, unless sony comes out wit an 18 Explod by the time I save enough money

SONY?!

forget that sony stuff, go with Kicker, if you really wanna pound HARD get the SOLO BARIC. They are unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!
Youll blow you roof off and your rear door out!!!!!!!!!

here's mine, 2 infinity perfects running off a upgraded ppi a600.2 art series amp. i currently have them facing up rather then back as they are in the picture. i know the box isnt the pretiest ever made, but i went for quality, not looks :)

Dead Link Removed

jyo...

It's a really bad idea to mix different sub sizes and sub brands. The sound produced by the different subs all playing at once won't be very good. But then again if you are going with 15's and 18's i doubt you care about sound quality that much, just more overall loudness. Also Sony sucks. Save your self the money and the time by not buying Sony.

Steve

i second that. sony does suck. they are good for home stereo's, but horrible at car audio

I've got a good ? for you all. I ripped out my old set which was 2 sets of MB Quarts and 2 MTX 250 watt amps running 2 Rockfords in a bandpass box which was facing forward. Now I am installing a total of 3 sets of Quarts and a RF bd1000a1 to run 2 RF 15" HX2. My ? is would it be better to face them up or towards the font? Any opinions welcome.

only thing you can do is try it. mine are facing up at the moment.

you will get the most sound out of subs by firing them in a wedge box towards the back.. you will get more sound however.. firing them up than firing them at the seat.. if thas what you're tralking about..

how are mbq subs anyway? I was under the impression that their strong point was their components

different subs will sound better facing different ways. all you can do is test it

No no no!!! The subs are Rockford 15" HX2 and and the componets are MB Quarts. I guess I'll just try it and see how it turns out. Thanks guys!!

Back