• Register Today It's free!

Show me yo rocksliders

Con Seann3ry

Reaction score
City, State
Eugene, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Well, these were supposed to be made a while ago but i just didn't have the time. Anyways, if any of you have pictures of your rocksliders I'd like to see them. Also, what thickness did you use? All I'm sure of right now is that I'm using square tubing and welding it to the frame instead of bolting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have an Ex but pics of my sliders are buried in this forum somewhere. I used .120 wall 1 3/4" mild steel round tubing and welded straight to the frame.
Most people go with .250 wall square tubing with round tubing outriggers or kickouts whatever you wanna call em. Bolting or welding them to the frame is purely a preference thing IMO. Enough people have made sliders and posted pics on here to get some good ideas from so happy hunting :thumbsup:

How ya like these! :D

12287slider_stock-med.jpg

Oh...Iguess you wanted to see them finished :rolleyes: You'll have to wait :p

Blee you'res are exactly what I'm going for, and it looks like stic-o's got the same idea too. Thanks for the links, I'd read through some of them before but I read through them again and decided on pretty much the same design as you Blee, but with 3/16 instead of 1/4th.

Here's mine. They're not on an X though :)

1" ID, 3/16" wall thickness

304b9acc.jpg

480b449b.jpg

9197a257.jpg

Warrlord - gonna have to steal that design and use it on my explorer if you dont mind.

zhanx said:
Warrlord - gonna have to steal that design and use it on my explorer if you dont mind.

Do it to it ;)

Yeah, those really are awesome, nice work. I noticed you bolted to the frame...any issues with the bolts loosening or anything?

those sliders are awesome man... great job! i was thinking about some like that... but, we'll see!

Con Seann3ry said:
Yeah, those really are awesome, nice work. I noticed you bolted to the frame...any issues with the bolts loosening or anything?

Thanks. They haven't loosened up yet but if they do, I'll put some Loctite on 'em........That oughta keep 'em in check :)

couple pics of mine

Heres a couple of pics of mine..

Attachments

• scan 001.jpg
    scan 001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 490
  • scan 003.jpg
    scan 003.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 513
  • scan 006.jpg
    scan 006.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 516