Show me your 20's on Explorers 2006 on.... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show me your 20's on Explorers 2006 on....

I think the Ironman Explorer looks a little weird with 20's. Especially the sleek looking factory 20s. A trim like that should have 17 or 18s with knobby tires!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are 20's. 255/45/20

I now see why they look like very low profile tires. They are 45 series rather than the usual OEM 50 series used on 20's, or 255/45/20 versus 255/50/20.

Usually when a 45 series tire is used with 20" wheels they are 275/45/20 which is very close to stock rolling diameter (30")

Those nice factor 20's first came out as a special wheel for the Sport Trac Adrenalin. People loved them. Many forums and customers sent in independent feedback to Ford requesting they produce this wheel for the unique and higher end Explorer trims.

Ford listened and they are now packaged with most of the higher level Explorer trims and the Sport Trac Adrenalin trim.

You can get those wheels on almost any Explorer now. My Ironman X has them, 09-10 Sport model, EB, Limited, Sport Trac Adrenalin, Merc Mountaineer.

You can get those wheels on almost any Explorer now. My Ironman X has them, 09-10 Sport model, EB, Limited, Sport Trac Adrenalin, Merc Mountaineer.

I've seen the wheels on all of above mainly in brochures, rarely on the street.

The wheels do look good.:thumbsup:

Anybody else running 20's............

nope..

I was thinking of running adrenalin 20's on my 05, but figured I should go for a 16-17" rim.... And after I bought the bull bar....it kind of ruined the idea of 20's....

^Well are you goin for street or off road?

Was going for street, but figured hell since I have 4X4 may as well go for an off-road look. Especially after seeing MillerTimeX17's X, and your X (inspiration for if I ever buy a 4th gen) made me decide for the off-road/lifted look.
Besides, I have way too much fun on the trail...

Impossible not to have fun on the trails! And thanks man. You should see the new setup, she looks incredible! Besides the taillight guards and the soft 8's I stripped every mod and replaced them with new ones! Some time soon I'll try to get pics up

Can't wait to see the pics. How are you liking those soft 8's? I'm thinking of buying a set of those wheels.

I like them, at first they didn't look to great... But now with the lift and 33's they look awesome! They run pretty good too....only problem is they didn't clear the front brake calipers so I had to put quarter inch spacers on.

Did you get 15" wheels or the 16" wheel? EDIT: or is it something else?
Only thing I am concerned about is how they will look with a tan X. I assume it'd look fairly good, but don't know.

16". And im sure they'll look fine

Btw do you have pics of it up in the 3rd Gen Pics?

Yeah it will look fine. Do it!

Alright. I found the cragar soft 8's in another brand: Unique 297's at discount tire for $70.00 ea. With tax and the lug nuts $347.26. Not a bad price...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no its not, Ide shoot for it

Back