Show me your 20's on Explorers 2006 on.... | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show me your 20's on Explorers 2006 on....

imga0001k.jpg

I have 20x9.5 +20 offset. I went with 275/45/20 rubber, but its too wide and makes the truck grab and wander with every rut in the road. I'm goint to try 265/50/20 when I put them back on next summer.

Part of the problem is the offset of 20, very different than OEM setup.

9.5" wide and +20 offset must place the wheels outside the fenders (or the tires stick out), right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice collection and variety of wheels here for gen 4.

I've been looking for the Ford OEM 20" Adrenelin wheels...very very difficult!

I will likely have my 2010 Adrenalin wheels for sale very soon. They have a whopping 160 miles on them. Yes 160. Still have the sensors, etc.. I replaced them the first week I bought my truck. Majority of the miles are driving around to buy the wheel sensors and then driving to the tire shop to get them installed.

As stated above though...they will not be cheap - sorry! Need to get as much out of them as I can to fun the other wheels, the DVD headrests, and the factory Nav retrofit.

Here is my STA now:
Dsc05813-crop.jpg

My big reason for choosing the OEM wheels is the fit. I know I can bolt them up and go. How do I figure out what dimensions of aftermarket wheels I can purchase. I am looking at 20" rims. I am looking to stay with a chrome/polished/silver wheel, which would match my Silver 2010. I want something similiar to the Adrenalin wheel with a stock size tire. I am not crazy about spending a ton. I want to keep the stock 16" wheels for winter use. I was thinking about taking the car to the dealer when I switch for the season and have them reprogram the sensors to the vehicle. Do they need access to the sensor to program it to the vehicle? In other words would I need to dismount the tires each time?

bumped up because somebody was interested in 20's...

Nice look. What wheels and tires are those?

22's

they are chip foose DF-5's
22" with falken 265/40/22

:burnout:Here is my wife's 06 Limited with 20"x9" wheels running 275/55/20 tires.

explor10.jpg

explor11.jpg

:burnout:Here is my wife's 06 Limited with 20"x9" wheels running 275/55/20 tires.

I thought each years Limited was only available in one color. In 2006, I thought all Limited were silver.

Looks good though! :salute:

explor10.jpg

explor11.jpg

Looks good. Those are very tall tires (55 series, 32" diameter).

Looks good. Those are very tall tires (55 series, 32" diameter).

They are taller than I really wanted but for $500 wheels and tires I couldn't pass them up. My daughter gets this X next year and all she asked for was wheels, a new stereo and new windshield. So at least 1 of those things are off her list.

I was kind of concerned before I had them installed but they look great and only slight rubbing at full lock and that was fixed with about 1/4" cut off the bottom of the inner fender plastic

TowingEX I'm pretty sure they came in a lot of different colors but I do know it says Limited on the back.

TowingEX I'm pretty sure they came in a lot of different colors but I do know it says Limited on the back.

Maybe someone else can confirm that. I believe the 2007 was black. What month was yours made (sticker in the door jamb). Maybe it was very late 2006.

They are taller than I really wanted but for $500 wheels and tires I couldn't pass them up. My daughter gets this X next year and all she asked for was wheels, a new stereo and new windshield. So at least 1 of those things are off her list.

I was kind of concerned before I had them installed but they look great and only slight rubbing at full lock and that was fixed with about 1/4" cut off the bottom of the inner fender plastic

Good price. When they wear out you can shop for 275/45/20's.
The larger diameter tires will slow the acceleration noticeably.

Maybe someone else can confirm that. I believe the 2007 was black. What month was yours made (sticker in the door jamb). Maybe it was very late 2006.

2002-2005 Limiteds had the color matched body cladding. I'm not sure which year Ford made it an option for non-Limiteds to have color matched body cladding, but you can get XLT's that almost look like Limiteds. Limiteds were availabsle in different color option and I believe they also had some color option that where not available on lower trim levels.

Good price. When they wear out you can shop for 275/45/20's.
The larger diameter tires will slow the acceleration noticeably.

I recommend the tire size you mentioned because that's what I have on my 3rd gen and they are perfect. Also they are very close to stock height, just wider.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe someone else can confirm that. I believe the 2007 was black. What month was yours made (sticker in the door jamb). Maybe it was very late 2006.

12/05

275/45/20's are the ones that are going back on it when these are bad.

Back