Show me your Explorer | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show me your Explorer

nice. I love the big bore kits.

but all that power w/lockers?? iunno man, i'd skip the lockers.

Aussie lockers will handle almost any amount of power. I'd use air lockers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DSCN1591.jpg

after the crash i had her sitn on some black 16's nothing to nice

plans

3inch coil instal
2inch spacer

or

6.0 camburg lift in front and 2'' coils in the back
pre runner feal with flair fenders in front

i was gonna go with air lockers but i was gonna try and cut the weight back. i figured no compressor or lines. that and my buddy has e lockers front and rear in his 383 stroker jeep. anyone have any experience with the e lockers on here. my old bronco had a air locker in the front and i loved it

here is a pic of my X. ill be painting the grille black soon,... unless someone wants to trade for a black one from an XLS.

DSC02551.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

Here's mine with 265/70/17 Cooper STTs fitted - they're a bit noisy, and they scrub at the front somewhere (the 265/75/16s I had didn't, but these are a squarer design even though overall diameter is the same).
Explorer_CooperSTT_Side.jpg

(Yes, that's the boss in the driver's seat - it's a RHD!)

3/4 view
Explorer_CooperSTT_3Qtr.jpg

That air intake tube functional?

Yes it is.

I believe he said it was from an old Land Cruiser.

Correct on both counts - though they still make and sell the 78 series cruiser it came from, so not so old.

In other news, I removed my wheel spacers today to see if the rubbing would stop, and hey presto - not as much rubbing! Doesn't look quite as tough with the stock wheel track width, but still looks good, and the missus will be pleased that there is no "grinding" noise (as she describes it) when going in and out of the driveway. I think the 1.5" spacers with 8" rims was the difference, because i got no rubbing with 1.5" spacers and 7" rims.

JCUZ

did i spy with my little eye - a RIGHT HAND DRIVE EX ??? !!! ???

if so thats sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCUZ

did i spy with my little eye - a RIGHT HAND DRIVE EX ??? !!! ???

if so thats sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. We only drive Right hand drive in Oz (on the left side of the road). the workshop manual i have is for a LH drive Ex; so sometimes working on it - especially interior - is fun cause some things are switched around, and some aren't. Also, when you guys say something is on the passenger side under the hood, I know it's on the driver's side under the bonnet, LOL.

Yep. We only drive Right hand drive in Oz (on the left side of the road). the workshop manual i have is for a LH drive Ex; so sometimes working on it - especially interior - is fun cause some things are switched around, and some aren't. Also, when you guys say something is on the passenger side under the hood, I know it's on the driver's side under the bonnet, LOL.

since urs is right hand drive, i take it you have a center console shifter? if so i'd love to see pics.

since urs is right hand drive, i take it you have a center console shifter? if so i'd love to see pics.

Oh cool. I would love to see that also. I was wanting to switch to a center gear shifter but was going to do something totally custom. BUT if yours has it already there probably just some "parts" that can be ordered all the way from the shifter links to the new council :)

Cozmiks X

Hey Cozmik... sweet X i was wondering do you have wheel spacers on that? If so how wide?

Here's my 05 Eddie Bauer and my wife's 03 XLT. I'm running 265/75 Dick Cepek Mud Country's with a 3" Roadbully lift on the way.

HPIM1775.jpg

guess ill join in too..
not an explorer but close enough

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

P1010181.jpg

P1010187.jpg

i recently changed the lights on the bull bar to some round ones too..they look pretty sick

i recently changed the lights on the bull bar to some round ones too..they look pretty sick

man, i was digging the square lights on yours! Def the best looking mounty ive seen though ;)
any pics of the round lights?

man, i was digging the square lights on yours! Def the best looking mounty ive seen though ;)
any pics of the round lights?

not yet... Weathers been pretty crappy down here lately .. And tomorrow we might actually see snow which never happens here .. Ever

On 3 wheels:

Explorer_3Wheeler_1.jpg

Explorer_3Wheeler_2.jpg

Blurry interior shot (excuse the mess):
Interior_Console.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JCUZ are those new rims/tires for you ????

looks really good !!!! are those rims SCORPIONS ??? they look similar to my cousins rims on his SUBARU WRX...

thanks for the console pic... i was curious what it would look like and i envy you !!!!

Danny

Back