Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

Ive been looking and its hard to find the 90-94 explorer's with lift kits, so i decided to made a thread were everyone can link or post pics of there EX, and or mod's, i am working on a soa right now.

9883IM000952.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Burns said:
1991 eXplorer
d44/9inch
4.88 gears/36inch tsl's
300,000miles on orginal motor and tcase
5speed swap after the 3rd al4d

how hard was the 5 speed swap??

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

how hard was the 5 speed swap??

it was easier than re-building a al4d. all the holes are cut for you just take the pannles off and blot it all on. the hole in the floor, firewall, and all you have to do is just do the pedals which is easy if u get a parts truck when you do it cause you can just take the auto brake pedal off and put the whole assimbly from the parts truck. easly done in a day or two.

There are some cool looking explorers in here. I was given a set of 33" cooper mud kings, and was wondering how big of a lift I would need to fit them.

Keep up the good work guys! :D

with 33's and 4" of lift you will have min. rubbing, so any 4" lift or bigger will work for you

nice. i like the 9inches with 33's combo. i dont like a lot of tire on a lifted truck.

here is my Explorer in sport truck mag. i was happy!!!
slammiln.jpg

hatched91, very very nice ride!!!

I was going to do some very similar mods and body work and paint, but a recent off road encounter with a tree messed up my plans for the body work! I just goto find a new door now!

thanks, i painted it myself in my backyard. i sold the truck and the first week the kid had it, he threw a jack at the fender(temper tantrum), slit one of the rear tires on a fence, broke the rear glass and bent the rear hatch. he also destroyed the paint and broke one of the warn locking hubs..what a horrible person.

damn hatched i love that truck,why dont you venture down to callahan,fl and drink some beer get full on steak and oyster and paint my ride...hehehe

The kid who did all the needs HELP, at least my truck is getting destoryed by me, as i said i hit a TREE, lol but not too much damage, I only messed up my rear pass door and my grill gurad, but o0o well!

And i'd liek to know where the hell you learned to paint because thatss one of the nicest i've seen on an X, and lord knowns mine needs a paint job!

Well goodluck killing the kid!

Kia Ora
-Dan

here is mine for you
2458262_2_full.jpg

I ended up getting the tires before the lift so they are only 31s but the work out ok.
2458262_1_full.jpg

Total lift: 4" sus+3" bl=7"
35"s would be nice but gotta pay for school first:(
Tell me what you think!

Drop out and get the 35s...

:p:
j/k but not really. ;) Looks like a nice 1st gen. I'd take off the side skirts (tupperware) and it will look even better, plus make room for the 35s when you do get them.

thanks for all the compliments on the paint job guys. actually, the top half and the silver pin stripe are farm equiptment paint, since it was $20/gallon i wanted to try it out. it didn't get glossy, but it does the job, great for a trail rig. i just grabbed a paint gun and went to town, it cost me about $500 in paint before i finally learned how to do it right. it's not hard at all, you just have to try it for yourself. a great paint brand is NASON, it's the offbrand of DuPont. it's about half the price and it's around $300 for a gallon of any color with reducers, clear, gun cleaner, prep all, etc. that blue is the nason paint. if you concentrate, the pinstripe is not perfect, i just wanted something to blend the black to the blue enough to sell it. here's my first paint job if you look closely you can see the runs. i learned NOT to spray paint at 60psi like the can said, you're supposed to spray about 30-35psi

Is your dog checkin out the Explorer? I love pics that turn out funny when not intended.

240,000 miles nice yll love 300,000+ its great. lol what made you do the paint that way its neat.

i wanted to do camo for a while but i wanted something different. i got the idea when i was in a store and they were put out the hunting stuff.

have to wait until after the first of the year. it clears 33s with no problem.
You can put them on the stock wheels, and with a 6" lift you can clear 35s. :)

I like the "Tigger" paint job.

15x8 EAGLE 187 Wheels, 32x11.50 15 Super Swamper Radial ssr's, 2" Skyjacker springs/custom shackles, 3in Performance Accessories body lift

Picture143.jpg

i guess that i should update my pics. now Chester is setting on 33" Sport King ATs mounted on 15x8 rims.
autorama001-1.jpg

newex042.jpg

Chester was a nice rig :dead:.. See Chester's final ride thread for pics on his last adventure.

Picture080.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture091.jpg

flex4.jpg

hell i'd fly down to floirda and paint up a truck for some steaks and beer! haha i think i'd wait until the paint is done to start up on the beer though. haha

Back