Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well the BL is a nogo for now. I have the lift shackles for it and hopefully this Tuesday I can get my hands on a good jack ( Ya i need to get one still) so i can up under and do the TT and put in the lift shackles.

i didnt have to use a jack for my TT
ive heard your suppose to though

TT is MUCH easier if the weight of the vehicle is suported by a jack or jack stands, the tires and lower control arm should be at full droop when you twist your bolts to raise or lower....

required, maybe not, but I found mine impossible to turn (would break bolts) unless the truck was lifted by the frame

from what I have read, is that the "preferred" method is actually leave the truck on the ground, but to have the tires on friction-less plates.

This way, you shouldn't need to let the suspension "settle" before measuring.

But lifting the tires off the ground, via the frame, after adjustments the vehicle will need to be driven to get the suspension to move, so that it can settle at the new ride-height.

I've done it both ways... except for the friction-less plates. I didn't have any trouble turning the bolts with the tires on the ground.

I drove mine several blocks between adjustments, including some high speed speed bumps
In my experience it takes a couple of days for your new springs, torsion bar adjustments, etc to settle, then get an alignment :)

Hi guys,

I haven´t been active participating but I have read alot on this great forum since I introduced myself in the New Member Forum in January.
Finally I have finished what I set out to do before I take my summer vacation and here you can see the result:
IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

Still waiting for my order from Summit so I can install the KYB Monomax, AAL, gauge pod and K&N air filter.
Then just hope that winter comes early.

Best regards from Iceland,
ExIce

I just fell in love with this Ex! That is one of the coolest looking rigs I have ever seen! Now if it was only black.;)

I just fell in love with this Ex! That is one of the coolest looking rigs I have ever seen! Now if it was only black.;)

I love the look of 99% of those Icelandic trucks. There's just something about their fender flares that I dig! :biggthump

just if they could be found in the states :dunno:

I also love that truck but How could it possibly articulate without ripping the fenders off???? I guess you don't really need articulation in iceland huh? hah

i love that.. now go wheel it. did you build the rear tire carrier/can holder?

how much were those front fenders?? those are sick!!!, this is one on the best ive seen thus far!!! congrats on an beauty

its not much for now but its a start...
DSCN0879.jpg

DSCN0882-Copy.jpg

im a college student with limited time and money soon to come... 3BL 33's or 32's and roof rack for full spare. Student loans are going to be put to good use lol.

Articulation

Hi guys,
it articulates and works well in every other aspect ;) This is a photo taken last weekend near Langjokull glacier while wheeling with some friends. I´ll have to take some action photos for you next time, just a pose for now.
IMG_9821.jpg

Hi guys,
it articulates and works well in every other aspect ;) This is a photo taken last weekend near Langjokull glacier while wheeling with some friends. I´ll have to take some action photos for you next time, just a pose for now.
IMG_9821.jpg

I want to see more, i need more!!

That is awesome!.. I love it. Nice fenders X2 and the environment... my dream come true for you... nICE! :D

Heres what mine looks like now:

Attachments

• 104_1853.JPG
    104_1853.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 6,863

Oh man i hope that is a joke cause that's going to be huge mistake!

haha yeah it is. but im curious as to why that would be a mistake... its loaned money thats given towards school thats only allowed to be used towards certain semesters. whats leftover if any is yours to do what you will with i.e. save and pay off or whatever you can think to buy knowing your going to have to pay that back after graduation. now im still in school and i have two years left. with some of the future loans if i do not need it all i may use some to fix my explorer and the mis hap in the front end.

Back