Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:exporangeMy 97' Mountaineer

Image1.jpg

MODS:
2" shackles/tt
31x10.50x15 GoodYear Wrangler Duratracs
15x8 Cragar Soft 8s
Flowmaster exhaust
Yakima LoadWarrior
2 12" subs

FUTURE MODS:
TMH, Intake Mods, Tune
Long ways away Mods:
SAS, SOA, BIG TIRES lol;)

i plan on taking some more detailed pics later and edit this

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

sharp mounty man love the cragar soft 8's plan on putting them on mine

I already showed my truck off in a few other threads, but it fits here as well, so here it is:

e-albums-explorer-picture34225-img-20100925-173526.jpg

e-albums-explorer-picture34226-img-20100925-173540.jpg

e-albums-explorer-picture34227-img-20100925-173557.jpg

e-albums-explorer-picture34228-img-20100925-182015.jpg

e-albums-explorer-picture34229-img-20100925-180901.jpg

Now Rolling on 35's,,

Attachments

• rollin 35's,.jpg
    rollin 35's,.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 5,541

@ravedigger... hey man how are you liking the duratracs any issues when wet, also hows the noise level on the road? from what ive read they look like a good tire for the money. any input you have thanks

I really like the last one!!!! I hope the Ex wasnt scratched...

I havnt had my truck very long but its getting there

My current goal is to lift the truck and add a stronger transfercase because im on my 3rd stock one, The truck is running dual exhaust straight piped comming out at the rearend.

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

@ravedigger... hey man how are you liking the duratracs any issues when wet, also hows the noise level on the road? from what ive read they look like a good tire for the money. any input you have thanks

I've been very happy with them so far. I use the truck to make trips from MA to PA once or twice a month and they haven't given me any issues yet. They seem to do well in rain because they're siped. I didn't have any issues with them offroad, but I'm too inexperienced to really compare them to anything else. There's a pretty consistent hum on the highway, but nothing a little music can't cover up. I cruise around 70-75 and they feel plenty stable.

I've been very happy with them so far. I use the truck to make trips from MA to PA once or twice a month and they haven't given me any issues yet. They seem to do well in rain because they're siped. I didn't have any issues with them offroad, but I'm too inexperienced to really compare them to anything else. There's a pretty consistent hum on the highway, but nothing a little music can't cover up. I cruise around 70-75 and they feel plenty stable.

cool thanks for the info. still looking into these, plus they just look so good on the ex lol

2 inch body, shackles, tt, and add-a-leaf. 33x10.50 bfg muds and aussie locked front and rear. while im at it does anyone else have problems with their tcase engaging the front end in low range? if it gets very bound up the front tires will not pull until you back up and let the tcase "pop" and then go forward again. we figure we will just replace it when it breaks but it has not broken yet.
explorerlowerrockgarden.jpg

l_f91de4e6fa2643b6b8c008ff7cca29d5.jpg

n613376814_1567530_6183.jpg

explorer006.jpg

an heres a couple videos of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NPyQrPBTk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCKqaEhFlWA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAAhP7InVc&feature=related

Jimbo92,
That kind of wheeling will kill that t-case soon enough. Swap it out for the 1354 manual when you can. Trust me on this, I learned the hard way. The 4405 will blow a clutch pack, or one of many other things will go wrong after repeated wheeling. The 1354m is gear driven, so no clutch to worry about, no shift motor to fail, and is a lot stronger.

Which locker are you running in the front? Did you install a switch to the front CAD axle?

yeah already planning on the 1354, they seem to be tough to find. We havent really been in too big a hurry because we just figure when this one goes we will do it, but it has lasted for 3 yrs of hard wheeling! Now it will probably explode next time i take it wheeling haha.

as far as the locker goes we are running the aussie locker front and rear with no disconnect switch in the front. I do however need to do the brown wire mod so it will take the stress off the front end when both tires pulling isnt needed. The poor power steering catches all kind of hell when we are on the trail for more than a few miles at a time, it gets quite hot. we added a large heavy duty cooler and that has helped alot but its still more than it wants to put up with i guess.

How do you get pictures like that? What setting is it on the camera? To get everything around the truck blurry like time is going by, traffic, ect.. while the truck remains sharp?

it is done by using a longer exposure time,
especially good in low light conditions too , ,

haha, I'm glad you all liked the pictures, I just starting out experimenting and trying to teach myself some photography, I'd really like to get into it.

And oh, since this is a picture thread this post is required to have an image, so here's another. Taken in 0 Light, under only stars, Shutter set to 5 minutes with 11.2 Fstop. Pretty sweet huhh? Look, closely, at the star moving in the sky back there, it seems to move because of earth's rotation.

img0119k.jpg

it is done by using a longer exposure time,
especially good in low light conditions too , ,

depending on the camera, it may be called shutter speed that you need to increase. I know on my Panasonic the default is... 1/8 second? but has a few adjustments, with the highest being 1 second.

need a very steady hand (or tri-pod) for those.

I have been inspired to do a TT and shackle lift from these pictures. There was another abbriviation I kept seeing started with an "a" and have no idea what that means.

I am looking at 31 inch bfg t/a ko tires, I think this combo will rais my stance justa touch.

My question is in the front, If i say make a custom bumper, what can I do to prevent the front from sagging?

Back