Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

just custom shackles/tt hoping to lift it more soon

photobucket-3382-1321030351762.jpg

lol thanks. I'm thinking about repainting it though.

99 xls OHV

Front: 2" TT
Rear: 2" Skyjacker Dodge 1500 add-a-leaf
3" body lift

33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

P1010694.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010693.jpg

The dodge add-a-leaf is perfect in my opnion. It lifted it about 2 1/2" and has settled to around 2 1/4" and rides good still, plus no longer shackle hangind down. I still have rub issues in the front when flexed up and turning due to all the plastic flares, but I'm not planing on getting rid of them, just need some more trimming.

Just about the same lift that I have on mine. Yours looks great. What wheels are you running? Width, backspace? I want mine to have the same stance.

99 xls OHV

Front: 2" TT
Rear: 2" Skyjacker Dodge 1500 add-a-leaf
3" body lift

33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

P1010694.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010693.jpg

The dodge add-a-leaf is perfect in my opnion. It lifted it about 2 1/2" and has settled to around 2 1/4" and rides good still, plus no longer shackle hangind down. I still have rub issues in the front when flexed up and turning due to all the plastic flares, but I'm not planing on getting rid of them, just need some more trimming.

Please link me to those dodge add a leafs...

2" shackles and TT. Stock All terrains, Cut the exhaust off lol loud and obnoxious :) Gonna get 33's when i order my body lift.. My buddy told me he would sell me his 35's and 3" spacers but not sure how bad it will rub... any suggestions??

explorer1.jpg

explorer2.jpg

explorer3.jpg

2" shackles and TT. Stock All terrains, Cut the exhaust off lol loud and obnoxious :) Gonna get 33's when i order my body lift.. My buddy told me he would sell me his 35's and 3" spacers but not sure how bad it will rub... any suggestions??

explorer1.jpg

explorer2.jpg

explorer3.jpg

I think you may get away with 35's maybe... id just stick with 33's

Ya i will prob stick with 33's but 35's would be dope!! and i know -__- i need to save up money for the tires!!

I just removed the bolt going through the leafs, removed 1 stock leaf (3rd from the top) and replaced it with the dodge add-a-leaf. I cant say if the other one you linked will do that same because I have no idea.

The add-a-leaf was about twice the thickness and probibly 5 times stiffer than the leaf it replaced. I found a grade 8 bolt that was a little longer to go through the leaf pack to make up for the thickness.

Sploder, thanks for the info on your wheels. I was going back and forth between 4" or 3.75" backspace but your truck convinced me, 3.75 they shall be. I love your truck. It sits just right. How do you like your Duratracs? I just ordered a set the same size for mine. I've heard pretty good things, and they look mean enough. Plus in Quebec, where I am, they want us to have the little snowflake mountain symbol on our winter tires. LT's are still allowed but only for a couple more years so I might as well get ahead of the game.

I'm in love with the tires so far. I havent had them in major mud yet, but as far as stump jumping and ditch climbing they have been excellent. Low road noise as well!

I just removed the bolt going through the leafs, removed 1 stock leaf (3rd from the top) and replaced it with the dodge add-a-leaf. I cant say if the other one you linked will do that same because I have no idea.

The add-a-leaf was about twice the thickness and probibly 5 times stiffer than the leaf it replaced. I found a grade 8 bolt that was a little longer to go through the leaf pack to make up for the thickness.

Any way you could get a few close ups of your leafs? I'm just curious how it looks. And also how is the ride with them??

My 97 sport

Updated pictures after having bumpers and trim done by Line X

2011-12-04 16.13.46.jpg

2011-12-04 14.45.27.jpg

2011-12-04 16.10.36.jpg

2011-12-04 16.15.32.jpg

Before the roof rack lights
100MEDIAIMAG0212.jpg

Back