Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3wheelsdown.jpg

new to the forum, so here's mine, this is with the EB dana 44, Build #2
For the past year I've been working on the third build, full width axles and 38's

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

3wheelsdown.jpg

new to the forum, so here's mine, this is with the EB dana 44, Build #2
For the past year I've been working on the third build, full width axles and 38's

NICE!!!! I LOVE a good flex pic, especially when its in the mud!!

Cant wait to see Build number 3, Im on Build 2 myself...Build 3 includes a 460 and rockwells (WAAAY in the future...lol)

Nicely done! DRF

Crappy pics but heres a few of mine after Colorado's first big snow............It wasnt that big, but the aftermath was fun:bounce:

Attachments

• Ex Snow Flex.jpg
    Ex Snow Flex.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 7,940
  • Ex Snow.jpg
    Ex Snow.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7,876
  • Ex Night.jpg
    Ex Night.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 7,864

Crappy pics but heres a few of mine after Colorado's first big snow............It wasnt that big, but the aftermath was fun:bounce:

NICE! I used to live in CO when I was a kid, Dad was stationed at Carson. we went to the mountains every weekend. the snow was always my favorite.

Here's a shot of my last Explorer, which was a '98 5.0 AWD. It had a 1.5" TT, a Pro Comp short AAL, and 31x10.50 Kumho Venture KL78 ATs wrapped around 15x8 American Racing Baja wheels with a 3.75" backspacing.

98_Explorer3.jpg

I'm currently modifying my '01 5.0 AWD similarly, but I'm thinking of going to 32s this time.

Heres mine. It was before i put my bfg all terrains on it. Not very good pictures sorry.
009-1.jpg

here's an updated pic of my truck. 33x12.50/15 BFG AT's. rims are 15x10's. i got the rims off craigslist for $30. they were in horrible shape, but after sand blasting and many coats of paint(2 layers of primer, 4 layers of black, 3 layers of clear coat) they look pretty damn good if i say so myself. i also put my factory center caps on, i think it looks a hell of a lot better with them on. i still need to do some trimming bc my tires rub on the fenders and front bumper a little bit.

1259264306.jpg

here's a closer view of the front tire and you can see just how close it is to the fender and bumper. plus how wide the rim is doesn't help the rubbing in the least bit.

1259264898.jpg

would 33s fit with only tt and shackles without rubbing?? im not in the mood for a bl..i dont hav time to do it..

sure get a sawzall and start hacking away. or you just won't have all that much flex before you rub. it can be done, but without the clearance it will inhibit your performance.

Justin

lifted,locked, 4:10 gears, 33's, coilovers in front, and happy,

Attachments

• my rig,.jpg
    my rig,.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 19,587

Can someone point me in the right direction of doing a COIL OVER from TORSION BAR front suspension on a 2000 Explorer? I'd really like to toss the low hanging bars and go with something much more simple and ground clearance enhancing.

hmm, from t bars to coilovers, , that might be a tough one now, not sure they even make that kit, anymore,,

the kit i got was a used one for a ranger i believe,,

I don't see why it'd be so difficult. I put coil overs on my Mustang....I don't see why it'd be complicated to do on a truck.

wrong thread fella's, this is for pics of lifted gen 2's the torsion bar to coilover conversion is all over this forum, quite a few trucks running it in many different shapes and sizes, try a search!!!

if you're going to ditch the t bars you might as well do a SAS.

and if you decide to do that there are a ton of threads

I know other ppl have said something before but I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!! The color, the 2 tone throws it back a few years its almost like an old bronco color scheme or something. I think it looks sick as balls! you truly have an X that will not be mistaken for anything or anyone elses. Oh the lifts nice too

Thanks... I'm the only lifted explorer in my little town and the only orange and white two-tone and the loudest/best sounding explorer... so everyone knows when I've arrived and who I am by my explorer.

what size rim and backspacing are you running?

The rims were 15x10's but I don't know what the backspacing was.. they were off a mud jeep

Truck looks sick, where did you get the roof rack? Is it custom made?

Thanks....It is actually custom made... my younger brother built it in he's highschool metals class...

I've got updated pics on page17 with 35's on my exsport..

Back