• Register Today It's free!

Show off your winter explorations

CDN_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer LTD
There aren't enough picture threads on here, so I'll start this off. Let's see your dirty Exes ;)

IMG_1224.jpg

sitting on Hankook iPikes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aw man...they moved your thread...the 2011 mod site is where it should be! We are on here more than most others...Well anyways...here is a bump!

aw man...they moved your thread...the 2011 mod site is where it should be! We are on here more than most others...Well anyways...here is a bump!
It was moved to this thread since more members view this one and it really had nothing to do with Modifications. The OP was informed of the move.

Peter

Here is one of mine:
EAF863F7-2548-4B98-98CF-E37FD790CEA9_zpsruxs1j1t.jpg

wow, I posted a reward offered thread for just this thing, and got responses like this

"Let's see now. I have a Ltd and a Sport. I use them as hockey team pullers. I'm also not in the business of taking a vehicle such as the new gen into the woods to beat the crap out of it. I'll leave that up to you real men in the older gens. LOL.

These vehicles were not engineered for the "serious" off road. They are more refined and high tech vehicles. The majority of the population wants a kid hauler.

My Sport on the other hand is a turbo charged hockey hauler that kicks ass. Sure it can't go off road. But I didn't buy it for that. If I wanted to go off road I'd be in the other generation forums talking about how i F'd up my vehicle. LOL.

What a hoot."

and this:

Yeah......sounds like it's for rednecks only.....or just for those that have stupid written on their foreheads......

I posted the suggestion as a way of having fun. Good luck, I am hoping for some real good pictures of "exploring" out there.

Exploring doesn't necessarily mean off-roading. Anywhere you take a trip to in your Ex is exploring too, doesn't mean you have to do some Christopher Columbus type of exploring. Besides, its just a play on words... But hey, if you have off road pics, please do share!!

This forum needs more picture threads of people simply using and enjoying their vehicles, instead of just complaining about things not working....that's the idea behind it, and while we wait for summer, why not embrace the winter and show off our dirty exes :)

I do agree with this statement, people that modify their vehicles tend to spend more time on forums and definitely take more pictures of their rides....generally speaking of course.

If we don't catch any fish here, we might just have to switch spots....

CDN Explorer- nice pic, take the Ex out of the scene and you have a great Xmas card.

FYI, I just did a quick check on the 3 forums and number of people on them. Here is what I found;

Discussion Forum - 19 members & 187 guests (206)
IVT Forum - 6 members and 44 guests (50)
Modified Forum - 19 members and 69 guests (88)

Peter

FYI, I just did a quick check on the 3 forums and number of people on them. Here is what I found;

Discussion Forum - 19 members & 187 guests (206)
IVT Forum - 6 members and 44 guests (50)
Modified Forum - 19 members and 69 guests (88)

Peter

Wonderful, you proved me wrong. Heres a cookie.

Wonderful, you proved me wrong. Heres a cookie.
No need to be sarcastic. The info wasn't just for you. I thought it might be of interest to the general membership as well.

Peter

This is meant to be a picture thread to simply show off your ride while "exploring" or road tripping....since no one is playing, I'll ***** mine out some more...

it doesn't even have to be winter!! Just wanna have a picture collection thread here people.

IMG_1930.jpg

Should I repost the Gray Ghost road trip from my thread, but of course only with shots of the car, with all the other useless ones tossed aside? :)

Here's our Ex's winter exploration, stuck in 2 1/2 inches of sleet in the alley behind the house (thanks to my wife, lol):

WP_20131207_008.jpg

Ha! I'm glad it was her and not me. Lesson learned: Stock tires and FWD aren't necessarily the best combination in icy conditions, hehe.

^^ Oh yeah the All Season tires are garbage in the snow. I kept them on until first snowfall in 2011 and even with AWD and SNOW MODE engaged, it was still scary slippery! Threw on some solid winters and problem was solved. She is now a snow monster!

Hunting in November. Took 4 hours to get out of this

20131117_070545.png

looking good, are those 22's?

Courtesy of Upstate NY about 2 to 3 weeks ago and yes we have A LOT more snow than what is portrayed in these photos. :shifty_ey

12453129325_85e6fb7165_b.jpg

12453281733_dab28e07e7_b.jpg

12453280883_1a2864a75a_b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Courtesy of Upstate NY about 2 to 3 weeks ago and yes we have A LOT more snow than what is portrayed in these photos. :shifty_ey

Great pictures - really love that first one with the nice clean Explorer with the snow on the tires. Ford should use that in a brochure!

Back