Show us your custom bumpers!! | Page 21 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Show us your custom bumpers!!

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Blue91Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
That turned out real good!
thanks, i have a little more work to do on it still but i think it came out pretty good!

jfrracing1

Reaction score
City, State
WALLACE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 & 01 EXPLORER SPORT
i luv that bumper. that's what i need

Blue91Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
i luv that bumper. that's what i need
haha thanks, thats how i felt, its getting added to soon as well to be even more rugged and useful!

jfrracing1

Reaction score
City, State
WALLACE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 & 01 EXPLORER SPORT
haha thanks, thats how i felt, its getting added to soon as well to be even more rugged and useful!

i notice ur from maine. any where near the state line ? i lived i nh my whole life until 8 years ago. u think u could build another one of those rear bumpers ?

Blue91Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
i notice ur from maine. any where near the state line ? i lived i nh my whole life until 8 years ago. u think u could build another one of those rear bumpers ?

I am in auburn most of the time if that works. I may be able to build you one. time is soon going to be a lot less plentiful for me since classes are starting back up (Im a machining student) and basically the only free time i have will be late evenings and maybe some weekends but I can check back with you once the fall semester starts up and i find out if i would have enough time to do one. that's if you're still interested since I'm not super close to the state line..

Blue91Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Also added this to my bumper. It isnt one but I built it specifically for the bumper and had it in mind while building the bumper. I'll post more in depth pictures hopefully once i get my old phone working, though the pictures may be lost..
K1yjTL5.jpg

WD3FNf3.jpg

jfrracing1

Reaction score
City, State
WALLACE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 & 01 EXPLORER SPORT
I am in auburn most of the time if that works. I may be able to build you one. time is soon going to be a lot less plentiful for me since classes are starting back up (Im a machining student) and basically the only free time i have will be late evenings and maybe some weekends but I can check back with you once the fall semester starts up and i find out if i would have enough time to do one. that's if you're still interested since I'm not super close to the state line..

well im not close to the state line at all any more...i live in south carolina now....lol but i do get up that way to visit. let me know what u would charge for one and i'll see if i can afford it. i drove 12 hours to get my front bumper. so the distance is not an issue.

johnny499

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn park,mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 SAS
Callsign
W3JF
I managed to get my bumpers both done finally.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

They are documented in my build thread. I used 2" .120 wall tubing for the main tubes and 1" .120 wall tubing for the headlight wraps. I am still trying to decide if i am going to do a swing-out tire mount on the rear bumper. The front houses a 9,000 lb. winch behind the flip up license plate. It also has recovery points, antenna mounts and lighting mounts.

jfrracing1

Reaction score
City, State
WALLACE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 & 01 EXPLORER SPORT

luv ur bumpers. they look very nice. ur front on looks kinda like mine
IMG_2800_zpsa9zbaqs3.jpg

20160626_145847_zpsx3ylrhi9.jpg

20160626_150015_zpsd76vfuwa.jpg

They are documented in my build thread. I used 2" .120 wall tubing for the main tubes and 1" .120 wall tubing for the headlight wraps. I am still trying to decide if i am going to do a swing-out tire mount on the rear bumper. The front houses a 9,000 lb. winch behind the flip up license plate. It also has recovery points, antenna mounts and lighting mounts.

rabbit91

Reaction score
City, State
Surrey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 LIMITED V8 SAS 35s
IMG_2800_zpsa9zbaqs3.jpg

20160626_145847_zpsx3ylrhi9.jpg

20160626_150015_zpsd76vfuwa.jpg

Where can I find your build thread ?

johnny499

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn park,mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 SAS
Callsign
W3JF
Thanks.. I like yours too, i see the similarities.

Maw_Dooce

Reaction score
City, State
Greeley CO/ Chula Vista CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Ranger XLT
Not from an Explorer, but I made these. The style could be adapted pretty easily to fit an X. Doug and I have been looking at making a similar set for his Explorer, but making the rear bumper double as an air tank, and adding a swing-away tire carrier to it.

Here's the front in "kit form :)
4156bumper1.jpg

Here's the finished product:
4156bumper2.jpg

4156bumper3.jpg

Here's the rear bumper:
4156newwheel2.jpg
Well this is interesting haha the 1st reply in the thread is of a part for a different type of whip than this forum is even for haha and pics of a Sammy too!

You pulled it off though for sure, nice bumper and clean little Sammy dude

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.