Show your 1st gen flex | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show your 1st gen flex

First weekend I got it. Actually, the second day! With 31 TSL's. Man do they chuck the mud!
random137.jpg

Stuffin them a little
random136.jpg

random135.jpg

random146.jpg

random152.jpg

random151.jpg

random148.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, not jeep wheels. They are Toyota Highlander wheels!

random152-1.jpg

random137-1.jpg

get your tires all the same or your 4x4 will blow up

This should work.
new exhaust clears
new total chaos u-bolt plates give 2" more clearance under springs
leaf pack is starting to break in.
front appears to be drooping nicely.

IMGA0091.jpg

IMGA0092.jpg

IMGA0088.jpg

Why will it blow up?

I am gonna get some crager soft 8's. Do you guys know if the auto locking hubs will still work with those wheels?:exp:

Why will it blow up?

I am gonna get some crager soft 8's. Do you guys know if the auto locking hubs will still work with those wheels?:exp:

Yea the hubs will fit through the hole in the center of the wheel just fine.
Running in 4x4 on paved sufaces with different sized tires front to rear isnt good for the t-case which might in fact cause it to fail becuase of the difference in speeds. Its kinda like having different gear ratios front and rear and since the t-case is "locked" and doesnt allow slippage then it will either drag the tires or break. But on the trail where traction is minimal then you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

Ummmm?:roll: Who in the world uses 4x4 on pavement? I thought that in and of itself was means to kill stuff? I only used 4x4 offroad.

I am VERY VERY impressed with the 4-lo on my truck! Crawled right up a really steep hill that I couldn't even get up with a running start in 4 high. It just walked right up and didn't even slip one bit! Nice going down the other side as well in 4-lo. It works great as engine braking! Is that a bad thing to use it as engine brakes?

No, not jeep wheels. They are Toyota Highlander wheels!

random152-1.jpg

random137-1.jpg
I've got to ask..is your camera fawked up, or is that photoshopped?
I suppose I should add, or was that just a setting on the camera?

No, I photoshopped it!
Rather 70's I must say.
Like ya been trippin on acid or something:salute:

OK I'll play that game too.

that looks beautiful, three long travel 4x4 ttb's! and the truss's just make them look even better! :dpchug:

that looks beautiful, three long travel 4x4 ttb's! and the truss's just make them look even better! :dpchug:

Make that 4... Can't forget Paul's. 22" of usable 4x4 travel. It might be too late for the "jack and 4x4 piece of wood" pic though... :)

...and yes, that's me driving.

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3025.jpg

DSCF3026.jpg

DSCF3050.jpg

01180039.jpg

01180040.jpg

kinda worthless to post any TTB flex after Pauls truck! LOL
Hey Colin you almost took out his tie rod there.......geesh careful with other peoples rigs! LOL

4" wider beams really help get some higher travel numbers, that and coilovers and swing set steering....come on lotto!!

...^^^x2..:scratch:...If I ever hit the lotto it will be time for a new ranger project and a tow rig...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back