• Register Today It's free!

shudder above 10mph

Sgt.bustacap

Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Eddie Bauer explorer
please help my truck drives fine all day then all the sudden I decided to put a new tire I bought on my 17-7 rim the old tire was 245/65/17 the new tire was 235/55/r17 now after that tire the truck shudders so bad at over 18-20 mph u have to slow down to make it stop.... had to limp home across town. tired putting two of them on maybe it would work nope felt worse. put the proper size on the front (245/65/17) X2 still ****ed up I can't figure out why hope my trans isn't going I'm broke... these codes are thrown c1284 oil pressure switch fault p1270 engine rpm speed limiter reached p1703 brake switch out of range p1568 speed control

please any help wild be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

please help my truck drives fine all day then all the sudden I decided to put a new tire I bought on my 17-7 rim the old tire was 245/65/17 the new tire was 235/55/r17 now after that tire the truck shudders so bad at over 18-20 mph u have to slow down to make it stop.... had to limp home across town. tired putting two of them on maybe it would work nope felt worse. put the proper size on the front (245/65/17) X2 still ****ed up I can't figure out why hope my trans isn't going I'm broke... these codes are thrown c1284 oil pressure switch fault p1270 engine rpm speed limiter reached p1703 brake switch out of range p1568 speed control

I also have a k n n cold air intake idk if that's a problem I have had it installed for almost 2 yrs

So how many tires did you change? Are you 4wd?

literally just the one front driver side that was already a racing slick like borderline radials poking out....
So how many tires did you change? Are you 4wd?

Are you buying new or used tires?
well they looked brand new I got a set of 4 from the junkyard still had the nipples on them.... only problem is I put my spare on and it's the same size as the tires I bought I'm thinking maybe I need all 4 tires the same size maybe for the shudder to stop but if there too small that could cause it too right? not good w differentials n tires n rim size.... I Kno the rims are 17*7 pretty sure the spare rim is too

You definitely need matching sizes. Are you 4wd?

You definitely need matching sizes. Are you 4wd?
yea I'm a retard and add to that it was dark and I had some fine trim lined up till that panic happend lol I measured in the daytime and felt like a total waste as I saw this.... might as well put myself all the way on blast go ahead laugh if you want I would lololol spare tire is black stock tire is plain finish and easily 2 inches bigger

IMG_20221009_121803015.jpg IMG_20221009_121837829.jpg

^^^^^^^^ Lmao

Discount Tire Co sells a complete set of RADAR DIMAX AS-8 for $542.64 out the door. Available in both 16" (P235 70 R16) and 17" (P245 65 R17) same price ($102 each).

If you want to run different sizes on the front and rear you need to remove the front drive shaft and pull the 4WD/AWD system fuses.

Who let you put this tire on? Your tires are spec'd as 245 65 r17. Thst tire would be 750mm in diameter. The 235 55r17 tire is much smaller, 690mm diameter! Your abs system is confused. Because the different diameter tires make it think you are in a skid. ABS and esp 4WD ABS cars are VERY sensitive to tire dia variation. 1/4" diameter from uneven wear is enough to screw things up. Your tire is 2 1/2" different than the rest.

All 4 tires must match.

Back