Side Mirror Sequential Turn Signal LED Lamps | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side Mirror Sequential Turn Signal LED Lamps

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It should be noted that these are for the light strip on the outside mirrors. (Thread title updated)

Peter

How’s the install?

So, this new member joins and first post is a link to ebay and a video with no other info.
2nd post is just a comment about installation.

Seems a bit like an advertisement if you ask me.

The new lights are plug and play... However after researching I have discovered the entire mirror housing has to be disassembled starting with the mirror itself. You tilt the mirror around to get the 4 corner bolts off then pull it out. Then you can get to the housing bolts inside and start taking it apart. I haven't started mine yet but i got the lights today so ill try this weekend.

I'll be using this video for reference

^^ I was wondering when someone was going to mention that.:D

Peter

As promised, heres a video. The installation is actually a breeze UNLESS... Your mirror housing is cracked on the bottom like my driver side was. If its cracked you can still get this done. I ended up taking a cutoff wheel to the bottom left bolt behind the mirror that attached to the housing as it broke off on the back and would just spin without actually coming out making it impossible to get the housing separated. I got the passenger side done in 5 minutes.

Here is my car with the new lights

Here is a video I used for install

Using the 2 small wrenches to grab the clips on back of the mirror is definitely the way to go. It takes some force to get that mirror separated but it will eventually pop off.

You can do it without taking the entire assembly apart, I did.

Care to share how? I like the look of these.

The product I bought came with tools to take the mirror apart. The glass has to be unclipped and the outer housing removed as that is what is holding the light in place. There are also 2 retaining clips deep into the housing that need to be pulled back in order to remove/install the light. Its well documented on YouTube

Thanks. I have watched that video a few times. I guess I should by them. It looks like they’re getting more expensive.

Just ordered mine in Smoked.

We’ll see how it goes. Should be here Tuesday.

Maybe a dumb question…the power mirrors don’t fold out like that video do they?

Don’t want to find out the hard way.

edit - I meant the power folding mirrors.

Maybe a dumb question…the power mirrors don’t fold out like that video do they?

Don’t want to find out the hard way.

edit - I meant the power folding mirrors.
Mine have never folded out that far. I haven't tried forcing them either.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back