Side proximity stopped warning on curbs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side proximity stopped warning on curbs

Spacey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I've noticed over the past week my 2020 ST stopped giving proximity warnings when near curbs. It used to make a sound and provide a warning on display when approaching a curb. Now it doesn't. Other proximity warnings, such as when getting close to sides of garage entry seem to function as before. Any ideas?

I know one member said there front sensor was knocked loose some how. Maybe check that.

I've noticed over the past week my 2020 ST stopped giving proximity warnings when near curbs. It used to make a sound and provide a warning on display when approaching a curb. Now it doesn't. Other proximity warnings, such as when getting close to sides of garage entry seem to function as before. Any ideas?
Is this happening in the same areas where it previously did give you a warning?
The manuals states;
"WARNING: The system may not
detect small or moving objects,
particularly those close to the ground."

Peter

Peter, Yes it is no longer responding in places where it did in the past. Nothing has been hit to move the sensors and it appears to work properly in other detection scenarios; front, rear, side. Just that where it used to locate lower side obstacles like curbs, it no longer does. I'll check for dirt, but I wouldn't expect that to be an issue at the "radar" frequencies involved.

Back