side vents vs Hood vents? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

side vents vs Hood vents?

Marksport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
First timer here, I've got a '14 Sport (black, 4wd, dual moon roof) headed my way in 5 weeks or so, I'm contemplating adding side vents or hood vents, functional of course. I've seen the Black as night thread and seen his pics, with side vents...beautiful ride btw, and was just curious if anybody out there has any information on...
#1 will adding vents make a worthwhile difference with keeping the engine cooler?
#2 are side vents or hood vents better?
#3 what vents are compatible with the '14s?
I plan on upgrading to HIDs for headlights and fog lights and doing a full LED swap with everything else, tint on front windows, swap the antenna, and will be standing by to see what other modifications catch my eye. Thanks in advance.

First timer here, I've got a '14 Sport (black, 4wd, dual moon roof) headed my way in 5 weeks or so, I'm contemplating adding side vents or hood vents, functional of course. I've seen the Black as night thread and seen his pics, with side vents...beautiful ride btw, and was just curious if anybody out there has any information on...
#1 will adding vents make a worthwhile difference with keeping the engine cooler?
#2 are side vents or hood vents better?
#3 what vents are compatible with the '14s?
I plan on upgrading to HIDs for headlights and fog lights and doing a full LED swap with everything else, tint on front windows, swap the antenna, and will be standing by to see what other modifications catch my eye. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum Marksport.:wavey:
Sounds like you're going to have a few things to keep you pretty busy when your Sport arrives. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Peter

Hey Mark,

Hope you get some answers soon - I haven't seen any sports yet on here with vents added and maybe just that one other Ex that did it at all.

...and the side vents are not functional.

Hey Mark,

Hope you get some answers soon - I haven't seen any sports yet on here with vents added and maybe just that one other Ex that did it at all.

Back