• Register Today It's free!

SIde View Mirrors w/puddle lamps

RIcArDO1697

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '00 Sport
i have a 2000 ford explorer, but the drivers side mirror have puddle lamps but the mirror doesn't works, the passenger side works but doesn't have the puddle lamps, but i think the connections are different (3 and 5 pins), can i install mirrors with puddle lamps on my explorer??

I think that you should be able to install power mirrors with the puddle lamps. It depends on how the connector to the mirror is wired, though. In order to operate the puddle lamps there needs to be two additional wires in the connector. These wires need to be in pin positions 6 and 7 on each connector. The connector in question is on the door harness. The mirrors will also need connections in pins 6 and 7. Although if you have the puddle lights these will be there.

In looking at the wiring diagrams it appears that all of the wiring should be present in the connector. There is a statement on the mirror schematic that says "With Electronics Group Only". I am not quite sure what that means. The wire colors at the door harness connection should be black in 6 and black with a pink trace in 7. If these wires are not there the puddle lamps will not work.

Back