Sigh...back into the modification abyss... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sigh...back into the modification abyss...

Rhett said:
Nice job on the Sport.

And using the negative term "Abyss" to describe modding....no way...!! Modding is a good thing, remember that. After all, it's only money. You can't take it with you.

Yeah...but I just tried to spend it all on our '66 resto!!!! :confused: Now I've got another hole to sink $$ into....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I gotta say is sweet :thumbsup: :)

Popped it's offroad cherry today :D (well, at least I got it off the pavement :p ) . Took it up behind my house for a little shakedown cruise:

P4290084.jpg

P4290081.jpg

P4290087.jpg

Got a little farther along today. 4.56 rear with locker went in today...I'm hoping to get the front in sometime this week. Got a 12k MM winch to mount too :D

Edit...did the front axle on Sunday too :D . I figured since I was already grimy and all the tools were out, I might as well keep going... :confused:

I just installed an Aussie locker in the front and did not do any grinding. My only worry is I didnt have anybody to help with the wheel test.

I like the color scheme on your sport. Looks really good lifted:chug:

Looks great. Its gotta be 5.5 that thing looks way higher than mine. Good job.

man that looks great..def say its the 5.5 kit

JDraper said:
LMAO...that too...6'1, 245 lbs in a Sammy is kinda tight....Y'all shoulda seen me, Lizardtrac (6'3" or so) and Doug (6') crammed into it one night...THAT was funny...

LMAO :D
Me: "you guys make it out to Draper's ok?"
Lizard: "Yeah, he took us for a ride in the Zuk... you shoulda seen Doug bouncing around all over the place in the back seat... he looked like a human bouncy ball. I think he cracked his head on the door getting out, too"

Looks great, Jeff! You're going to make swaybar quick disconnects like you did before, right?

Spas said:
LMAO :D
Me: "you guys make it out to Draper's ok?"
Lizard: "Yeah, he took us for a ride in the Zuk... you shoulda seen Doug bouncing around all over the place in the back seat... he looked like a human bouncy ball. I think he cracked his head on the door getting out, too"

Looks great, Jeff! You're going to make swaybar quick disconnects like you did before, right?

What swaybar? :D

Rear bar came off last night and is staying off. Truck handles fine.

I like that lift, definatly not something you'd see pull up at the gas station regularly. I only have one opinion and input; bigger tires

yeah man looks like you lucked out and got the 5.5 lift..definately..did you pay for the 4?..thats awesome

ExporeRanger said:
yeah man looks like you lucked out and got the 5.5 lift..definately..did you pay for the 4?..thats awesome
Yup he ordered a 4" and they sent him a 5.5.. Lucky *******.

Back