Signal Mirror LED's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Signal Mirror LED's

I found these LED's made by Shark Racing and was wondering what you guys think. From their YouTube video they look very easy to intall. I think the only difficulty would be the actual wiring. Here's the link.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish I could see the video.

Pretty cool video

All you have to do is seperate the glass from the plastic cover on the back. The hardest part is running the wiring and finding the proper connections to the turn signals. I am going to order the LED's hope to get aroundd to it within the nex two weeks when I have some free time.

Seems like you'd just need to get it out of the door, run through firewall or however to engin and splice it in with the turn signals, or hopefully there's a less complicated way

I've really wanted to do this for a long time, I ordered them up so when they come I'll post up a review.

I dont always do things the best/easiest way but, snaking the wire from the mirror theough the door to the interior was a real PIA. Can be done but its a *****.
You can hook the wires to the wires for the rear blinkers in the door sill channel. Although I just ran them to the front blinkers thru the firewall.
Nice mod....

For those looking for direct bolt on signal mirrors for their Explorers, I found out from a friend of mine at the Ford dealership that you can use a mirror from a 97-02 Ford Expedtion... perfect fit. All you have to do is re-wire in your Explorer connector to the Expeditions. I which I would have known this before I ordered the LED's from Shark Racing. There are alot of them on e-bay going anywhere from $30.00 up to $120.00.

For those looking for direct bolt on signal mirrors for their Explorers, I found out from a friend of mine at the Ford dealership that you can use a mirror from a 97-02 Ford Expedtion... perfect fit. All you have to do is re-wire in your Explorer connector to the Expeditions. I which I would have known this before I ordered the LED's from Shark Racing. There are alot of them on e-bay going anywhere from $30.00 up to $120.00.

Rick, this may be a stupid question: what year Explorers will the 97-02 Expedition mirrors fit? Thanks, Rondo :salute:

As far as I know, it will fit 95-03. Not sure about other years. Also note that my friend did this to a Ranger not an Explorer but stated it should work on an Explorer as well. By the way Autopartsdeal.com has Muth Signal Mirrors for $130.00 if interested.

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

I have recieved my Mirror lights from shark racing, I will try and have them installed asap, I will post up some vids when I get it completed.

I have recieved my Mirror lights from shark racing, I will try and have them installed asap, I will post up some vids when I get it completed.

Those things look cool. For wiring I would just connect to the flasher unit under the dash. All you need is ground, left and right +12 and its all there at the flasher. Ill look up the wire color code for you.

Bob

Turn Signal wiring for 2000 Explorer.

Looks like LG/WH for Left signal (I think Light Green & White)
And WH/LB for Right signal (could that be White & Light Blue)

The turn signal flasher is mounted under the dash on the drivers side. (Easy to get at). Its a large dark yellow thing.

turnsignal.jpg

^^^Now that's a wiring diagram^^^^^!!! Can't wait to see the mirror lights installed!! :salute:

sweet thanks for that, will look good with the 193 leds I have in my turn signals:)

scrogathon, please note that the wiring in Bob's post many diiffer from your 97. Ford changed alot of the wiring colors from model year 98 to 2001. Model years 95-97 are the same. Did you have any problems with this vendor? How long did it take you to get them from time of order until they arrived at your door, and how did you recieve them... FedEx, USPS, UPS?

Here is the finished product installed...

Signal Mirror 2.jpg

Signal Mirror installed.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

scrogathon, please note that the wiring in Bob's post many diiffer from your 97. Ford changed alot of the wiring colors from model year 98 to 2001. Model years 95-97 are the same. Did you have any problems with this vendor? How long did it take you to get them from time of order until they arrived at your door, and how did you recieve them... FedEx, USPS, UPS?

I didnt have any problems with them, the package arrived with just a postage paid sticker and my address so Im not to sure what method it was sent but it took around two weeks to arrive, was packaged well and came in an anti static bag.
I chose the amber color to match my rear signals.

Back