Signature line.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Signature line....

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Help, I want to edit my signature line and am unable to do so. What is the trick? I have e mailed the powers that be several times and got no response. Help, please.
Thanks....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by aldive
Help, I want to edit my signature line and am unable to do so. What is the trick? I have e mailed the powers that be several times and got no response. Help, please.
Thanks....

First - Welcome to the site! You will find toms of great info in here - and many stories of what NOT to do...

To change your signature, go to the top of the page, on the right-hand side you will see the link to PROFILE. Click on that, enter your username and password and youwill be able to change your profile around - no problem!

Jon M

Originally posted by JonM
Thanks....

First - Welcome to the site! You will find toms of great info in here - and many stories of what NOT to do...

To change your signature, go to the top of the page, on the right-hand side you will see the link to PROFILE. Click on that, enter your username and password and youwill be able to change your profile around - no problem!

Jon M

Thanks... BUT.... I must be a moron, I simply don't understand where to go and what to do. More help, please.

Originally posted by JonM
Thanks....

Jon M

Thanks... BUT.... I must be a moron, I simply don't understand where to go and what to do. More help, please.

I figuered it out, thanks again....

Alright Leebo,
Edulearn me...
How'd ya get the link to something within the site? :banghead:

JonM

I just went ahead and opened the page I wanted....the copied the address from the top of the brouser. Then pasted it in the post.

Duh...

If I had thought about it for about .3 seconds I could've figured that one out! :eek:

Jon M

Originally posted by Rick
I would like to limit the length of a persons signature file to 6 lines. I feel that if you need more than 6 lines to get your message across you should just put a link to your own website in the signature.

Putting links in the signature is a good idea anyway. You can link to your trucks description in the "Explorer Registry" or you can link to you personal site, to a photo etc.

Please follow Rick's suggestion to 6 lines. The Moderators Can and Will edit your Signature for you if you don't do it yourself.

Sorry CBoug76,
I wasn't aware I went over - actually, I wasn't aware af the limit.

Anyhow - Where did you find the New England off-road club? I looked forever when I lived up there and couldn't find one.

Jon, its me Chris From Dracut.
A guy I work with started another group of off-roaders, the group changed names when it really wasn't a group any more. I Think we are changing names again soon. its hard to find some of the groups up here but they are there if you look hard enough.

Hey Chris,
Good luck with the club!
When I lived in Dracut I couldn't find anyoine interested in 4x4ing. I did manage to get buried with a guy on the back side of Marsh Hill in his Jeep Comanche. Best part was this Jeep - with 33" mudders, lockers - the works, had to be pulled out by a Suzuki Samarai!

Anyhow - hope the club stays together for you. There are bunches of places to go within a few hours of Dracut, so finding places to play shouldn't be that hard.

Jon M

Originally posted by CBoug76
Originally posted by Rick
I would like to limit the length of a persons signature file to 6 lines. I feel that if you need more than 6 lines to get your message across you should just put a link to your own website in the signature.

Putting links in the signature is a good idea anyway. You can link to your trucks description in the "Explorer Registry" or you can link to you personal site, to a photo etc.

Please follow Rick's suggestion to 6 lines. The Moderators Can and Will edit your Signature for you if you don't do it yourself.

I was also unaware that there was a 6 line limit. Mine's fixed now. One thing though, have you checked to see how many lines YOUR signature has? I believe it has 7. :) Just thought you'd like to know.

Sometimes if the screen is not full size, it will tend to "wrap" your signature onto the next line. I have my screen size @ 1024 x 768 and 6 lines of text in my Signature. There was one person onetime had 1 line of text in his signature, but it was like a mile long, so the computer "wraped" it into like 8 lines.

My bad! Didn't think of that. I was wrong. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just a test. :bounce: :shoot: :( W/smiles

Back