Sill Plates & Engine Cover Touch-up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sill Plates & Engine Cover Touch-up

So I have a car show tomorrow, and I decided to touch up/highlight my sill plates and engine cover. It took some red spray paint, clear coat spray, painters tape, and patience. Enjoy the way-too-many pictures below.

First: Remove & clean sill plates, hand-paint "Explorer" letters. Mask off the "stripes" or lines on the side.

SP1.jpg

Spray red:

SP2.jpg

Peel off tape:

SP3.jpg

Last step = hit them with clear coat. I hit them with a LOT of coats to make sure they were protected well, as they're in a spot on the truck prone to dings and hits, etc. The results:

SP5.jpg

SP6.jpg

SP4.jpg

Finally popped 'em back on the truck.

SP7.jpg

SP8.jpg

Next was the engine cover. Same exact process. Hand paint the letters, mask the stripes and spray, follow up with clear:

EC1.jpg

EC3.jpg

EC4.jpg

EC5.jpg

EC6.jpg

Pretty simple job, awesome results. Won't be long before they're all covered in mud, but until then I'll enjoy the eye candy. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really good. :eek:

Nice. Ive actually looked at doing something like that to my door sills but never got the chance. turned out nice, might have to just do it.

Nice work! You've got awesome deals on Beef Round Steaks! :D

DUDE that looks badazz!!!!

Back