• Register Today It's free!

Silver Sport Cosmetic Mods

SHOnSUV

Reaction score
City, State
Motown
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Silver Sport
Well finally hit a trifecta with sun , warm and washed for a couple of quick photos.

exsport005_zpse7b25212.jpg

exsport006_zps5ba12e91.jpg

exsport003_zpsbd929242.jpg

exsport002_zpsf7b82900.jpg

exsport001_zpse7891a73.jpg

exsport004_zps7d3a24ad.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good

Ingot Silver looks amazing to me, especially when it's clean. My Mustang is Ingot and it was hard for me not to do it on my Sport too.

Nice!

I love the way the silver and black go together on this vehicle. If you tint the driver's windows you get a great wrap around affect.

Sport side badges, black emblem, sunroof wind deflector, tint, shark fin, what else?

Sport side badges, black emblem, sunroof wind deflector, tint, shark fin, what else?
Thanks ALL for the complements and observations.

I tried to list most of what I've done so far in my "vehicle spec" but you about covered it THE CHEAT although missed the lower mesh grill I fabbed.
I have also done full LED's ( including rear plate and puddles )

Next up: HID's for front and Lamix for tails (just as DEFINITIVE CARS has done ).
I'm on the fence about a LMS Tune/CAI as this is a lease and have focused on that which is undetectably reversible.

SHOn'Enuff, SHOnSUV, I noticed your lower mesh grille! It looks good, it's all about the details. I've been preppin' to do the same on ours' once I noticed how dusty/dirty it gets and saw some road debris down in there. What exactly did you use and how did you anchor it there. Is it another car's grille, just modified by you?

I was about to re-purpose some black diamond mesh house rain gutter protectors from my local hardware store, cut to size, but I was still working out exactly how I was going to affix it. Whatever info you can share would totally appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Mike,
I used aluminum expanded metal ( which is just a larger weave than gutter mesh )
Started with a template then cut and deburred. I then Plasti Dipped and attached with black Kevlar fishing line.

Hope this helps with your project.

Thanks SHOnSUV! You're fast on the reply! Did you put anything behind it? If not, by itself it sure does a good job of obscuring the stock plastic horizontal grille slats. Was it difficult getting the black fishing line through and back out again to tie it off? I do like how your larger weave compliments the diamond size weave in your upper stock Sport's grille. It does look like you were careful to cut the mesh right where the "diamonds" finished [at least on the bottom edge] so as to not have any errant wires sticking out; did you luck out along the top edge as well with finished diamonds, or is that what you had to debur? Thanks again for the tips, Mike

Yea got lucky with only a couple "errant" or incomplete diamond wires.
Its all in positioning the template.
Nothing behind it and the hardest part WAS "fishing" the line.
Don't skimp on line length and brush up on your suturing skills as I used hemostats.

Did you 'blacken' the ford emblem on the grille?

Can we get a picture of the back?

I just ordered a silver sport and there are no pictures on the internet...plenty of the other three colors..

You said shark fin? what did the original antennae look like?

Can we get a picture of the back?

I just ordered a silver sport and there are no pictures on the internet...plenty of the other three colors..

You said shark fin? what did the original antennae look like?

They all are the same from the factory , just look at pics of "the other three".
:p

Well done on the fabbed mesh grill! I'm lookin to do something very similar (if not exactly the same).

Where'd you get your aluminum expanded metal sheet? At my local Home Depot they have a 24"x24" sheet as well as a 24"x12" sheet. The 24"x24" one has diamonds that measure 2"x1", while the 24"x12" one's diamonds are much smaller at 1.25"x0.5". How big are the diamonds in yours?

It seems that 2 foot across isn't going to be wide enough, especially if I can do it the way I want to. And that is to extend it out by cutting the bumper along the pre-indented lines. I (poorly) photoshopped your pic just to show what I'm talking about:

custom_mesh_grill_extended.png

Is this feasible? I just ordered my Sport yesterday, so I don't know what is behind that part of the bumper. But it seems easy enough to cut the plastic out. What do you think... is this possible? If not, the way you did it is bad a$$ enough for me :afro:

Mike,
I used aluminum expanded metal ( which is just a larger weave than gutter mesh )
Started with a template then cut and deburred. I then Plasti Dipped and attached with black Kevlar fishing line.

Hope this helps with your project.

Hey SHOnSUV,

wonderin how your fabbed grill is holding up. is the plastidip still lookin good? are the connections you made still solid, etc?

also, did you put any kind of buffer material between the grill and the plastic bumper? i was thinking some kind of rubber stripping would prevent any possible scratching.

thanks!

Back