SilverStar + APC Install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SilverStar + APC Install

So i finally got myself up today and picked me up a pair of silverstars and the APC superwhite 3157 bulbs to match.
Its still daytime and i can already see a HUGE difference in light color put out by the silverstars. People said I had a really white light from my stock bulbs so i was kinda apprehensive about payin $50 for new ones. But I'm really glad I did. I cant wait for nightime to go check it out for real.
As for the APC superwhites....Im kinda pissed right now. I had heard people say that they give a blue tint...so i expected that. But I didnt expect a blue turn signal light. LOL. Maybe its just cause its daytime and the blue shows up more....but right now it looks like I have blue turn signal bulbs in. Once again...I cant wait for tonight so I can see what theyre really like.
Ill update ya on the status once I test em both. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all i have to say is wow.
The silverstars are incredible. Definetly worth the money.
As for the APC 3157's.....
Looks like these days "superwhite" means superblue. Not only do the bulbs make my turn signals look blue during day time......they light up blue at night. Complete crap.
What do i do now? I was hoping for a shade of light that would match my silverstars....any suggestions?

Can you post a pic of the turn signal light?

u want a pic of the bulb itself? or the turn signal lit up?

the turn signal lit up

i went and got some Silverstar's yesterday. i had some super white bulbs i got from Pep Boys like 2 years ago and i was hoping these would be tons better. it turns out these looked pretty much the same. but on the road, they lit up tons better. i like them and i think they were worth the cash. one other thing i noticed was that on the package it shows the lumen's of each bulb and the 9004's are very low compared to the others.

also, would a heavy duty wire harness make my headlights brighter??

Back