Silverstar fog lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silverstar fog lights

Do they make silverstar bulbs for the fog lights on a 97 explorer. I got some from advance auto parts but then when i looked at the connection it was all wrong. I just want a blub that would look like a silverstar so it will match my silverstar headlights and parkinglights.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if the 1997 fog lights are the same, but my 2000 Mountaineer used the 9006 bulb, whereas the headlights use the 9007 bulb. Hope this helps.

I take that back. According to the Sylvania website, the 1997 Explorer uses H3 type bulbs for the foglights.

I bought H3-ST Silverstars at advance auto parts but they wouldnt fit at all. I was wishing that they made a silverstar for my fog lights. What blub would look similar to a silverstar.

Not sure, but I think I tried to answer that in the post above.

What about the 04 Expo? They got a set for those, and do they make a difference? I like how you can turn the Driving lights on with just the parking lights.

I just got Silverstar 880 at the auto store. They fit great and look really good. Now i have all silverstars for my lights. Total comes to $120. Im really happy with the results of silverstars. Nothing can beat it for $20 a bulb.

GE Nighthawks, i have heard good things about these lights.

I have a set of the cheapo blue/white whatever junk in my fogs and i cant tell hardly any difference between my silverstar headlights and those. and i payed $20 a set for those, my silverstars were 28 bucks a set. i'd never pay 20 bucks each for a silverstar. oh yeah my fogs are 899's

4X402 said:
I have a set of the cheapo blue/white whatever junk in my fogs and i cant tell hardly any difference between my silverstar headlights and those. and i payed $20 a set for those, my silverstars were 28 bucks a set. i'd never pay 20 bucks each for a silverstar. oh yeah my fogs are 899's
Were the silverstars really not that great? I have gotten some for my headlights and sidemarkers ready to go in, but wanna get some for the fogs first. Tryin to find the best price on them.

Back