Simmons SOHC T-stat housing price drop | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Simmons SOHC T-stat housing price drop

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
FYI - the Simmons 1-piece aluminum T-stat housing housing is now $127.49 as of 12/21/2018. For those who have installed this housing, does it come with any gaskets or new bolts?

2001-2006 Explorer Sport Trac/Ranger (2 sensor) Metal Thermostat Housing (SA4)

I contacted Simmons to ask if their $127.49 housings came with the the gaskets, seals and bolts and below is their response.

It comes with all the seals and gaskets needed for install. No bolts, I do sell upgraded 10.9 grade bolts , long bolts and the short bolts if you need them. My housing comes with a limited lifetime warranty against failure.

Jonathan Simmons

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's creeping closer to me buying one and I'm a penny pinching sob :)

Wait and see how long your Austekk lasts.
For sure I'm gonna wait on the austekk
As for the next explorer/ranger I'm going to get my son I'm just waiting for HIM to have some skin in the game or he will never truly appreciate his wheels

For sure I'm gonna wait on the austekk
As for the next explorer/ranger I'm going to get my son I'm just waiting for HIM to have some skin in the game or he will never truly appreciate his wheels

Very wise way to go.

Back