Simultaneous Tire Pressure Sensor Fault and MFT reboot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Simultaneous Tire Pressure Sensor Fault and MFT reboot

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
Simultaneously received a tire pressure sensor fault and MFT reboot. Doubt they are related, but odd that they occurred at the same time.

Just had the EX in on 2/21 for oil change and tire rotation and also to have MFT reloaded due to other previous problems. MFT restarted and seems ok for the moment, however the sensor fault remains, even after turning vehicle off and back on. Another trip to dealership I guess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Simultaneously received a tire pressure sensor fault and MFT reboot. Doubt they are related, but odd that they occurred at the same time.

Just had the EX in on 2/21 for oil change and tire rotation and also to have MFT reloaded due to other previous problems. MFT restarted and seems ok for the moment, however the sensor fault remains, even after turning vehicle off and back on. Another trip to dealership I guess...

Hi cnsheets,

I wanted to touch base with you and see how your trip to the dealership went. Additionally, your MyFord Touch concerns can be addressed by my colleague, Rebecca, who helps out on this forum under the user name FordIVTTeam.

Crystal

The following morning when I left to work, the tire pressure sensor fault was still present, however, about half way to work, the fault cleared and has not yyet returned. So for now, i am monitoring it. If it returns, then I will visit the dealership.

The following morning when I left to work, the tire pressure sensor fault was still present, however, about half way to work, the fault cleared and has not yyet returned. So for now, i am monitoring it. If it returns, then I will visit the dealership.
I was going to mention that some TPM Systems will reset after driving a short distance. The Highlander was like that. I guess it takes a while for it to recalibrate and verify that there is no problem. Having said that, it is still puzzling why it came on in the first place. Perhaps there was some kind of electronic hiccup that affected it and the MFT.

Peter

Perhaps there was some kind of electronic hiccup that affected it and the MFT.

Peter

I hope that's the case. I've had too many problems with this vehicle to add yet another problem. For now it is clear, just hope it stays that way.

Back