• Register Today It's free!

Single leaf rear springs

codycoyote223

Reaction score
City, State
Cody, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I have a 2000 Sport (2dr) 4wldrv. I've read about sagging driver's side rear springs, which I have. These are single leaf but they are really expensive for new ones. Has anybody just switched the rear springs from side to side and taken care of the sagging on the left side? I'm putting Bilstein's on and I want to do everything at one time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get the 3+1 leaf ones from a 4 door... I think it was discussed around here.

swap to a 1st or 2nd gen 4 door leaf (or 01-03 sport). it will fix the sagging problem, and will also handle tons better

swap to a 1st or 2nd gen 4 door leaf (or 01-03 sport). it will fix the sagging problem, and will also handle tons better

Thanks for the quick replies. I have ordered a set of used springs from a 2000 4dr from a local yard after you recommended them. They will go on with the Bilsteins when they arrive. :D

I swapped in the 4-door leaf packs to my 2-door, it does ride better. Makes sense, basically trading a fixed spring rate for a progressive one.

I followed the recommendations and put on a 3+1 spring pack from a 99 4 door on my 2000 Sport. The difference is incredible-anyone with a single leaf rear spring should do this mod. I picked up both springs for $100, removed by the yard!

Back