Sirius radio/antenna/accessory question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius radio/antenna/accessory question

captainjack

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bridge, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Ltd. 4.0
I recently bought a 2007 ST with satellite radio which is tuned through the factory radio via the AUX button. There is a small black box on the front of the roof with a wire that disappears under the windshield gasket. There is also a small, 1 1/2 inch square, box mounted under the rear view mirror with a plastic wiring channel leading up to the headliner. I am guessing that the one on the roof is the satellite antenna but have no idea what the other device is. Is anyone familiar with what I've described? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mirror Box

In my 2008, the box under the rear view mirror is the microphone for the bluetooth phone system. It's part of the Sync system in mine. The satellite antenna is on the roof on mine also.

it is the compass there is a reset button on it to but dont reset it if u dont need to cuz you will have to drive around in circles to get it re calibrated

I think its a second antenna. That way you can get signal in reverse

I am talking about the black box behind the rearview mirror

Back